• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Catalogue debt

@charitynjw Thank you!! I have now edited that. Do you think it is now ready to go? Should I put he court name at the top? what about the struck out "with prejudice" bit? You mention I could send it by email. Where would I find the address?

Comment

[MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION]
      I know you are all very busy help many others but if I could have someone answer my last post so I can submit defence?

thanks
      nafta

Comment

If it were me I'd probably go with the 2nd of your para #4's (unless you are certain that you've never had a Shop D account).
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you @charitynjw what do you mean with paragraph 4? So about the email address ? I cannot find it on the claim forms? where will I find it? And about the prejudice bit? any thoughts? Sorry about all the little questions but I need to submit and want to make sure it is all done right.

Comment

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Hi how much is the debt for, and what is it for?

Comment

@ sloane82 It is for around £9000 a catalogue

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                  If it were me I'd probably go with the 2nd of your para #4's (unless you are certain that you've never had a Shop D account).
                  [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] I still don't understand this point about para#4? I have used the sample template and there is not paragraph 4? IS everything else good to go? I need to submit before 4pm as tomorrow is Saturday?

Comment

4: It is denied that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with Shop Direct for provision of credit.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

which way are you going????

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
                      I need to submit before 4pm as tomorrow is Saturday?
                      If your Defence filing deadline falls on a weekend you can file it by 4 pm on the next working day i.e. Monday.

What is you Defence filing deadline?

Di

Comment

4 - para 2 was advice but question you which way you are going???

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                          4: It is denied that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with Shop Direct for provision of credit.

4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim.

which way are you going????
                          thanks @ MIKE770 The second one.. I cannot see in my defence which point I have to amend? I am sorry maybe I am getting anxious.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          If your Defence filing deadline falls on a weekend you can file it by 4 pm on the next working day i.e. Monday.

What is you Defence filing deadline?

Di
                          Deadline 12th but advised here to do it on the 11th which is tomorrow Saturday hence thinking of doing it today?

Comment

his claim is for a Catalogue Account agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4: It is denied that the Defendant has previously entered into an agreement with Shop Direct for provision of credit. DELETE THIS ONE????

5. The particulars of claim fail to state when the agreement was entered into.

you will see two No 4s delete the 1st one .

Comment

Can someone point me to my defence and advice me which point is the one I had to amend? I am sorry I am n ot understanding?

Comment

12: The Parties agreed to an extension to the time period allowed for filing of my defence under CPR 15.5 to allow the Claimants additional time to produce the relevant documentation to evidence their claim, however they have failed to do so.
                                Did they?
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X