• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Catalogue debt

answer in 207 above?????????????

Comment

Ok sorry wasnt sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry you have £9000 worth of debt against Littlewoods so you are the claimant Littlewoods are the defendant.

Comment

Have you contacted the Financial Ombudsman Service on 0800 0234567 they are quite helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
          Ok sorry wasnt sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry you have £9000 worth of debt against Littlewoods so you are the claimant Littlewoods are the defendant.
          No the OP is the defendant, the claimant is Lowell who were assigned the debt by Littlewoods.

The FOS won't be of any use as this is already in litigation.

I'd concentrate on your own case Sloane - I've just seen a PM come in from you so I'll have a look and reply to you there.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well it all seems a bit odd as if your in debt and Littlewoods are trying to claim £9000 they cannot as legally now you, are in debt and can only afford £1 a month, I would get an subject acess request and have a look at everything that you paid.

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
              Today I have received the hearing dat in August. It says that if claimant does not play fee and complete application the claim will be strack out?
              [MENTION=45479]nafta[/MENTION] - Yes the Claimant must pay a hearing fee, if they do not the claim will be struck out. There should be a date by which they need to do that on there. After this date you should contact to court to see if they have received anything and what the status is.

Your Witness Statement and documents have to be filed and served by 27th July so that's what you can start putting together now.

@Sloan82 - sorry mate, you're just wrong.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

It just seems a bit bad how they can expect for you to pay £9000.

Comment

Well to be fair, if you borrowed £9000 you're kind of expected to pay it back at some point. However they also have to act properly when lending you the money or selling you the goods on credit. Littlewoods often didn't and encouraged people to spend more and more - well over what was affordable to be repaid. They also failed to follow the law (CCA) and FCA rules on lending in many cases. It's stressful dealing with a court claim, but that's why we're here, to help people figure out their way through the minefield of the small claims court, and hopefully gain a bit of understanding of how to challenge the claims and why.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yeah but they should'nt have lent out as much as they did.

Comment

We really do not know if that is true. In the very first post Nafta said their circumstances had changed dramatically so who is to say household income was not sufficient at the time to cover that level of borrowing

Having said that , if there was irresponsible lending that may be part of the defence which Amethyst did allude to.

Nafta , your post is, as Di said , rather long and sorry but I have spent the last few weeks reading and note taking so my brain is fried

Did you ever look at a solicitor - I know its an expense but sometimes its worth it, otherwise people on here will do their utmost to help

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                      Yeah but they should'nt have lent out as much as they did.

Comment

Hi,
                        Today I have received via re- directed mail this letter from Lowell Solicitors...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need help at this stage but cannot afford a solicitor. Any ideas on no win no fee? or should I just come to agreement? what is the next step?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Have received already plenty of very good advice but I really need some guidance now as time is running out on this one? .

Comment

Anyone?
                            Can I ask also what is a reconstituted copy of agreement? I guess if this has been presented to the Judge then this is valid even though my signature is not there? Some of the documents presented are just a letter with no logo or anything, so that letter could have been written with a late date any time? How can this be accepted?

many thanks!
                            [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi
                              You have said they sent you some documents including a recon, a DN and a screen shot from the case management system . It might help to see some suitably redacted copies

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                                Hi
                                You have said they sent you some documents including a recon, a DN and a screen shot from the case management system . It might help to see some suitably redacted copies
                                I will scan and upload these up as soon as possible. Is this what you mean [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X