• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*** DISCONTINUED *** Catalogue debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Catalogue debt

ok so I have to notify of change of address but in the meantime i have received a letter from the local county court saying it is ordered that claimant do file at court and serve defendant copies of the agreement default notice and Assigment by 4pm on 22/5/2017 as requested by me on the 18/01/17.

Comment

ball in their court now to follow court directions/

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
        i have received a letter from the local county court saying it is ordered that claimant do file at court and serve defendant copies of the agreement default notice and Assigment by 4pm on 22/5/2017 as requested by me on the 18/01/17.
        That's a court Order not just a letter

Does it say that the claim will be struck out unless they comply with the Order by 22nd May?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
          That's a court Order not just a letter

Does it say that the claim will be struck out unless they comply with the Order by 22nd May?

Di
          no , just that one paragraph I am afraid

Comment

i have sent a letter to the Local county Court informing them of change of address. Should the next one got to the Claimant or their solicitors?. Also the Court order is asking for Notice of Assignment and yet in one of their letters Lowell inform me that that is between them and the creditor? Does this mean they don't have one?

Comment

Originally posted by nafta View Post
              i have sent a letter to the Local county Court informing them of change of address. Should the next one got to the Claimant or their solicitors?.
              Solicitors.
              Also the Court order is asking for Notice of Assignment and yet in one of their letters Lowell inform me that that is between them and the creditor?
              Did they state Notice of Assignment, or was it Deed of Assignment?
              If they said 'Notice', absolute rubbish!
              Law of Property Act 1925 s136.....

(1)
              Any absolute assignment by writing under the hand of the assignor (not purporting to be by way of charge only) of any debt or other legal thing in action, of which express notice in writing has been given to the debtor..............
              Does this mean they don't have one?
              ####
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                ####
                sorry it was deed of assignment.

So I have not heard from anyone now and they had till the 22nd to present those documents to the court. Shall I call the court and ask?
                I have since also received the documents to my SAR request and this is the list of documents sent to me. (find attached). What would be mi next move?
                Attached Files

Comment

Are you saying that the court directed them to disclose a Deed Of Assignment (or possibly multiple Deeds), & they have failed to do so by the court's stated deadline?
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=5553]charitynjw[/MENTION] there was confusion . The court asked them to produce notice of assignment and the agreement default but I don't know if that has been done as I have not heard anything. I did send a letter to both solicitors and court with change of address so hope to hear something soon but in the meantime I a wondering if I should contact the court? I received the documents fro the SAR request and have not received much. List of documents sent in my previous post photo.

Comment

Give the court a ring to see whether they have any details on the order.
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Was there a copy of the original agreement & T&Cs in the SAR response?

Anything from Lowells yet? (re the CCA request).
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No copy of agreement or term snd conditions just the papers mentioned in the list. And nothing new from Lowells.

Comment

You will need to ask the Judge to consider striking out the claim due to non compliance with the order.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              You will need to ask the Judge to consider striking out the claim due to non compliance with the order.
                              I still don't know if they have presented the documents the judge asked the had to present by the 2nd May. If i ring the court will the tell me?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] how do I go about this?

Comment

Hi I have received a letter from the court saying it is going to small claim track hearing. It also says that because the order has been made without considering representations from the parties I have the right to apply for the order to be set aside varied or stayed. I have only 7 days from the date of the order which was the 7th June so that only leaves me till the 14th. I have to send application and fee? I cannot find this information . Can someone advice me ? It lado days each party should deliver documents to each other but does not say which ones and that copies should be sent to the court by the 27/7/17. Any advice ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X