• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to clear a caution on my house.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clear a caution on my house.

Hi everyone,

I am about to put my house on the market to sell and I have just found out that Collector of taxes recovery office Sutton have placed a caution on my property dated 08-10-2003 with reference to Inland Revenue solicitors Somerset House.

This was a surprise to me as I was unaware of this. So I have been to HMRC Sutton online and it says do not write or visit this site. I dont think it is there anymore as this caution is now 12 years old. I have phoned up HMRC and they have no idea, I am now at a bit of a loss what to do.

I phoned up the Land registry and they told me that a caution means that if I try to sell the house then the solicitor will have to contact the reference on the caution to advise that I am selling up. I spent most of yesterday trying without success to contact someone who might be able to help as I want to clear this up before I sell. As 12 years have passed and the Sutton office is closed I just dont know what to do next.

I am however mindful that this could seriously delay the "for sale" process of my house which I want to avoid.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received and I thank you in advance.

Thanks and regards
    Dodge
    Tags: None

Re: How to clear a caution on my house.

Cautions don't exist anymore. It'll now be considered a restriction.

HMLR have a good article about removing them which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...n-the-register. Specifically, pt. 3.7.

In short, you must make an application using form RX3.

If you need help in doing so, let me know.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X