• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MET Parking train station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MET Parking train station

Hi guys,

Apologies if this have already been covered but I didn't see anything relating to a train station/failure to pay.

Long story short, I ended up having to stay overnight for work and so my car was left at the train station... I went onto my phone to extend the payment for the next day also, but I must have messed up and extended the same day (even though I had paid until 23.59). I'm not bothered about getting the £4 i was overcharged...

Just wondering if this is worth an appeal or if I should pay the £100 (down to £60 in 14 days) - which by the way I think is absurd for parking half a day unpaid at a train station car park on a Saturday.

I've seen a couple of initial letters with requests for popla (need to investigate what this is) codes in response.

Apologies once again if this has been covered and than you in advance for any and all replies.

Rob
    Tags: None

Re: MET Parking train station

Can you post up the letters and receipts if you have them please. Suitably sanitised.

M1

Comment

Hi M1,

Thanks es for the response and sorry for delay. Please see pictures below.

Comment

Originally posted by ra2911 View Post
        Hi M1,

Thanks es for the response and sorry for delay. Please see pictures below.

Try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HExJh9iG8G8

M1

Comment

See if this works...

Comment

That looks like it was a notice to driver (attached to the vehicle) in which case wait for a notice to keeper which should arrive between day 28 & 56.

M1

Comment

Hi M1, that's correct. It was attached to the vehicle.

Will waiting for that allow me to then challenge? If so, will I likely be successful and not have to pay at all, or is it worth paying the reduced £60 now?

R

Comment

They will screw up keeper liability and you'll win. The station might even be covered by byelaws and keeper liability can never apply.

M1

Comment

Ok M1, thanks.

May I ask what the next steps in that instance will be, and if it's at all possible that they wont screw up keeper liability?

R

Comment

Originally posted by ra2911 View Post
                    Ok M1, thanks.

May I ask what the next steps in that instance will be, and if it's at all possible that they wont screw up keeper liability?

R

It's always possible they will correct matters but i've never seen one that complies yet.

We'll appeal as keeper and when that's rejected we'll go to popla and win.

M1

Comment

That's great M1, will be in touch soon!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X