• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Horendeous Expereince Urgent Advise Required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horendeous Expereince Urgent Advise Required

Its my understanding this should now go to DPS resolution and I'm awaiting for the LA/Landlord to agree to this.
    The DPS are stating " As this deposit has been partially repaid but we do not have consent to ADR from both parties" I can see the monies I have agreed have been paid to the LA on the 12/08/2015
    Yes, stand your ground. I would tell the LA that you consider the threat of court at this stage to be inappropriate, especially since they have not agrred to the DPS ADR.

Ask them to send a fully billed listing of all claims, with all proof for your consideration.

Askk them to confirm why they have refused ADR from DPS

Ask them if tthey are registered with any of the main LA associations

Ask them how often a tenant actually gets the full deposit back from them

Dont send this yet, let me add to it later
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Hello [MENTION=15129]Crazy council[/MENTION]
      Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
      ... I would tell the LA that you consider the threat of court at this stage to be inappropriate, especially since they have not agrred to the DPS ADR.r
      I did this as soon as I received the email from the LA. I was just going into hospital to have my scan so this was on Monday 10th Aug.

Thank you!
      Regards
      Geoff

Comment

Hello [MENTION=15129]Crazy council[/MENTION]
        Thank you for all you help, do you have anything else you wish to add? I need to respond to the latest email from the LA, demanding £350 for cleaning, (despite taking the £100) offer I made via DPS.
        LA is also denying we handed in notice on the date said we did, so pursuing us for the £700 rent which we don't owe.

Regards
        Geoff.

Comment

Hi, i will write it up this evening.

Its probably just threats from the LA at this stage. carfully worded letter to the LA should do the trick.
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
            Hi, i will write it up this evening.

Its probably just threats from the LA at this stage. carfully worded letter to the LA should do the trick.
            Hello [MENTION=15129]Crazy council[/MENTION], are you still in a position to help us further, we are acutely aware of how much time you have already given us in regards to this problem and appreciate anything more you may be able to do/advise.

Regards
            Geoff.

Comment

i will write it up later today, sorry just got caught up with some of my own work over running last week

Comment

Well, after 2 weeks of silence, LA has now informed me that they have agreed to go down the DPS resolution route for the remaining deposit of £350, with the threat of court action still looming, for items covered in said deposit and other things.

If DPS provides ruling what's to stop LA/LL just taking me to court any-ways?
                Any further advise appreciated.

Regards
                Geoff

Comment

Update: Issue still rumbling on.
                  So, the Letting agents put a claim in via the DPS, of which I made an offer and which the LA accepted. I have requested the remaining deposit back and the LE is refusing to give the DPS permission to release it, as they are stating the the issues raised are still in dispute, despite accepting my offer and receiving my monies in their accounts. DPS tell me they cannot give me back my money( remaining deposit) without the LE agreement and I will need to take them to court! I cant get my head around this!

I have now been contacted by the LE who still want the months rent they believe is owing for July. I have reiterated for the seventh time that we gave notice as per the Tenancy agreement, and handed the keys in before end of June thus we are not liable for Julys rent, now; specifically for @Crazy council should I draw attention to point 7.3 in the tenancy agreement, or keep this point under my hat should this go to court?

I look forward to your reply.
                  Regards
                  Geoff

Comment

I will write up a sugested responce to the LA for you on wednesday.... The LA and LL would be stupid to face this in court,

Comment

Thanks Crazy council, look forward to reading your sage words.

Comment

Hi

I would suggest including a version of the items below in a letter to the LL and LA, recorded delivery,

Dear Sir/Madam

In relation our occupation of ++++++++++++++++++, and your refusale to deal with the deposit claim. we feel that a claim against you both is the only way forward.

Please consider this letter of notification of intent to claim, If you wish to avoid this claim and further costs, all payment due to us are to be cleared funds within 14 days.

Then put the following into a letter and make it flow ( edit out any wrong bits )

You served a section 21 but we was periodic tenats
                        The notice to quite was for the LL to reclaim the property, not due to any arrears, or issuse from us ( the tenants )
                        upon reciving the section 21, we immedeatly gave you verbally 4 weeks notice, then followed this up with a letter, 4 weeks is al that was required from us on a periodic tenacy

Dealing with repaying the deposit and you claims of damage above normal wear and tear ( normal usage )

We feel that we acted reasonably and conceded things that maybe was not our responcablily, to try and facilitate an end,but we consider you have ignlored reason and have tried to manipulate the situation to your financial benefit.

So, please send us, all recipts, plus a description from you, as you your opinion why we, as tenats owed the full amount, for all work claimed for

So, unless full agreement and setlment is agreed within 14 days from you reciving this letter, you leave us no other option than to formal claim 3 time the deposit, plus costs

____--------------Let me Finnish this later, i just want to re-read through first to make sure am not missing anything-------------------------------

Comment

Hello all that read, apologies for the on going saga.

A few days ago we received from our local council a demand for £XXX council tax for the period of 30th June until the 29th July 2015 on our previously private rented property.
                          I challenged this bill and said that we moved out on the 22nd of June 2015, and provided a copy of the our letter (notice to leave) we sent to the letting agents as per our AST.
                          I also advised the council that they should check their phone records for around that time to confirm I spoke with a member of the council tax team stating our leaving date, and paying the outstanding council tax up until the 30th of June via phone. In addition to the above we have also a letter from the council acknowledging non liability for council tax from the 30th June onwards! which we received several days later.

The council have now responded stating that we must pay the outstanding council tax and get the letting agent to write to them clarifying our leaving date, at which point they will refund us. The evidence they are using to argue this fact is is a letter they received from the letting agents dated 30th July stating we left on the 29th July as per the Section 21 notice.

I'm extremely disappointed, I'm also angry, why is our word and evidence not good enough? Why is the Letting Agent not being asked to prove they didn't receive our notice to leave. This is simply the LA via the x landlord causing us further trouble and trying to cause us financial hardship.

If we pay this monies owed (by the landlord!!), how do we do so without admitting responsibility/liability. I feel we will be paying under duress, of court action which, and which we should not be responsible for.

Regards
                          Geoff

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X