• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Neighbours scaffolding problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbours scaffolding problem

I am currently renting a private property & my next door neighbours wall I noticed was falling onto my garden. So After notifying he said he would rebuild the wall which he did do but asked if he could erect some scaffolding to access his roof that was apparently leaking or suffering from damp & said it would only be a few weeks so I agreed. The scaffolding is partially covering my kitchen/back garden window so I was hoping it would not take that long. Anyways this happened back in Feb this year & apart from a few different people I have seen up there nothing has been done since & it is new August & well beyond the agreed time. I have made countless attempts to make contact with my next door which subsequently runs a E-Sig/firework shop next door & he live's above the store with his family. I have left messages with his son stating I need to talk to him about the scaffolding because no matter when I go around he's never in or asleep.

I called my lettings agency & they told me they don't deal with this & to contact environmental health. I did however manage to find the company that put up the scaffolding & told them the situation & told them I want it removing asap. A few days later they came out to remove it but on the top of the scaffolding my neighbour has left plaster & other rendering tools & so forth so they called back at the office & they rang back & then left because they called my neighbour who told asked for it to be left up!

Its in the way on my back garden & obscuring part of my window. I had to clear up the left over bricks & dis guarded mortar & the rubbish left from the bloke who did the wall & then I had to remove the bricks & roofing equipment blown off the scaffolding onto my garden as my neighbour said he would but never did.

I am unemployed & suffer from certain problems which means I don't get out much & my garden is really the only place I do go to relax or to do some gardening & this is causing my no amount of stress. I don't know what I should do because my lettings agency doesn't want to know & I don't believe Environmental health can do anything either. Would a letter posted through his door requesting the scaffolding be removed otherwise I will take legal action as its beyond the agreed term for its use?

Hope someone can give me some advice!
    Tags: None

Re: Neighbours scaffolding problem

HI and welcome
    Write (signed for) to your neighbour, reminding him of the extent of the agreement.
    Give him a reasonable time in which to remove the scaffolding (2weeks?) and tell him at the end of that time your permission for him to site the scaffolding is terminated.
    Point out that after that time he is trespassing, and if the scaffolding is not removed bythen you will seek a court order to have it removed, and will claim damages.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X