• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problem with online order, retailer trying to ignore me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with online order, retailer trying to ignore me

I ordered a juicer last week on next day delivery which was meant to arrive this Monday. It didn't, I was in all day and finally at around 4pm the tracking updated to "insufficient address".

The address was given in full and correct, I get orders all the time and had 2 other orders that day with the exact same address (apparently they attempted delivery the next day without issue which looks problematic however you look at it, no card was left don't believe they came). I contacted the company Monday evening to ask what was going on and was asked for my full address and further details. They had the full address - I queried why no one from the courier company had contacted me if they were having issues with the address and would they be refunding my delivery charge. Before they responded to this I cancelled my order.

Received a message back the next morning informing me it couldn't be cancelled as it had already been despatched and to refuse delivery.

When I requested that they leave a note to the courier not to leave the package in a safe place or with neighbors so I wouldn't have to return it myself, I got no response.

Sent a few more messages querying when I would receive a refund for the order and delivery charges. No response. Tried to contact them through chat part of their website.

Their customer service is on another level:

The chat connected and they when I explained my issue to the agent it was disconnected. Tried again and it wouldn't go through.

Then tried using a different name and got through completely fine. My name again, chat won't go through.

I called them, got through to someone and when I explained my issue the call was disconnected.

Eventually I contacted the courier company on Thursday who could give no reason for why it wasn't delivered when the address was correct and had no note of being contacted by the retailer. I decided to just have it rebooked at that point and it came Friday, complete with a few lies from the delivery man.

Have sent further messages to the retailer and they're still ignoring the delivery charge issue.

I've dealt with some difficult retailers before but this is one of the worst. I'm fairly certain that a large portion of the trustpilot reviews are fake too, in amongst some of the oddly detailed glowing reports are people who've had similar issues as me.

I will pursue the delivery charge but I've also wasted money on phone calls trying to follow this up with them and courier company. The juicer was order on a next day as I needed it asap and had an order placed for the same day it was meant to come for a whole bunch of stuff to juice which have much of which has gone to waste (I can't eat most veg/salad which is why I juice). I have proof of all this - can I claim consequential losses (I've heard that term about but not sure if it applies here)?
    Last edited by Veer; 8th August 2015, 21:11:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Problem with online order, retailer trying to ignore me

Presumably you paid extra for next day delivery.
    You could argue that by taking that action time was of the essence.
    By not delivering on time the retailer breached the contract.
    A person in breach of a contract can be sued for compensation for consequential losses.
    However do have regard to the value of your losses ............... is it worth the stress of court action to try and recover them?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X