• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - arrow global / paypal later santander - 30-7-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - arrow global / paypal later santander - 30-7-2015

Originally posted by cbwindmill View Post
    @FlamingParrot hi sorry I may have misled you, I've not as of yet received the n180 questionnaire thing, I just noticed you or another member mentioned it. And wanted a little advice on what to put in it and how to fill out the various parts. Also why didn't arrow and testons just go small claims first if that was going to be the likely outcome of the claim anyway. Surely there more likely to get something rather than nothing through the original claim.
    Morning

Sorry, as you mentioned it I thought you'd received the questionnaire. Claims are allocated l according to their value once a defence is submitted, there is no option to start a claim in the small claims track as such. Allocation is not an outcome in itself, it just means claims of smaller value are dealt with more quickly and the process is simplified.
    Originally posted by cbwindmill View Post
    I'm just a very nervous person when it comes to confrontational scenarios such as a court room.
    I know it's an informal meet but even so I'm not that confident a person in that situation.
    Try not to worry too much, it may not even reach that stage. From what you said above, they've not even said they intend to proceed then, have they? I just made that assumption because I thought you'd receive the N180.

Comment

]Hi [MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION] [MENTION=66]Kafka[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

i received a letter and other documents from restons solicitors.
      its been a while but unfortunately Restons and Arrow Global seem (though im not convinced) to have come up with the cca also a statement though it doesnt seem to be in a standard form. ive enclosed copies of the letter and cca though this isnt exactly convincing either other than former address and name. no signature just a line stating 'Please type name'
      also theyve sent me a form to fill out.
      i wondered what to do next. ?? its brought all that gut wrenching worry back to my stomach. Any advice, mentoring will be graetly appreciated.

thanks
      cbwindmill
      Attached Files

Comment

hi heres the other attachments that i forgot to upload, not figured out how to just post up an image of the documents.

thanks
        cbwindmill
        Attached Files

Comment

It is an online application/agreement.

I have removed your personal details from the first page.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thankyou [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] again im not too good at things like this especially when my mind is in a odd state

thanks
            cbwindmill

Comment

You know that first page with your name and address on - is there anything above that - just or just GE Capital bank , and their address.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hi [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]
                it says CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974
                Between
                Us, GE Capital Bank Limited ,

then there address and then it says
                and You then followed with my name and address.

Comment

Okay ta. It does look okay. I'm trying to find a paypal GE capital cca from same time to compare it against - the statement you got - does that show an interest rate at all to compare with the agreement?
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

hi im sorry i dont understand the question, im a bit thick when it comes to stuff like this.
                    As you may have guessed.
                    The only interest i can see is that of what is on the cca first page. image on #77

thanks
                    cbwindmill

Comment

hi forum [MENTION=66]Kafka[/MENTION] [MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION] [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] have you any views or advice on what i should do next?
                      thanks
                      cbwindmill

Comment

I just wondered if there was any way of cross referencing to ensure that is the correct agreement for a paypal credit card ( as it doesn't refer to paypal at all - usually they at least mention the type of card in the header of the agreement ) so original statements sometimes cna cross ref the interest rate and maybe the charge amounts etc.

It looks compliant otherwise and seems to be complete.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

thanks for your quick response. as i seem at a loss what to do next . do you or anybody in the forum know what i should do next?

Comment

Are you convinced it is the genuine terms and conditions that applied to your account, you applied for the account online, the dates and addresses match up with when you applied for it ?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                              I just wondered if there was any way of cross referencing to ensure that is the correct agreement for a paypal credit card ( as it doesn't refer to paypal at all - usually they at least mention the type of card in the header of the agreement ) so original statements sometimes cna cross ref the interest rate and maybe the charge amounts etc.

It looks compliant otherwise and seems to be complete.
                              Just a couple of questions.
                              1. Is this agreement stated to be a reconstituted agreement?
                              2.If so are there 2 distinct copies of the terms and conditions?

nem

Comment

Hi [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] I'm not too sure but if you could look through the earlier attachments I posted I think the information would be on there. The reconstituted thing I think is mentioned. As for the terms again I'm not sure
                                [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] the copy of the terms may well be a true copy but it was 2008 and i don't know. I don't feel very convinced to be honest.
                                Again any advice on what I should do now is greatly appreciated.
                                Thanks
                                Cbwindmill

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X