• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dvla requisition for not declaring vehicle as sorn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvla requisition for not declaring vehicle as sorn

Hi,

I uninsured my vehicle but left it taxed as I was unaware of new rule. in April 2015 I received a letter to attend a court date which I didn't go to. I then received another letter not too long after to pay a £330 fine. I paid this.

To declare my vehicle as SORN I needed my V5C. I lost both my logbook and service book and contacted Honda to request the both of them. They took a long time to send out my books. I asked my partner to phone them and chase it up and not too long after I asked my partner to phone Honda to chase it up and they confirmed that they will be sending service book out, I received another requisition letter on 23/07/2015 to attend a court date due to not meeting insurance requirements.

As soon as i received my v5c, I declared my vehicle as SORN.

Why did they not give me any warning or notice before giving me another court date to attend? and do you think it is a good idea to plead not guilty? What is the next steps i should take from here?

All advice is appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Sarah
    Tags: None

Re: Dvla requisition for not declaring vehicle as sorn

Hi welcome to LB,#

I don't think the DVLA is required to give you any notice other than the court date notification.

I'm not entirely sure your defence will stand up in front of the magistrates.
    A period of time had elapsed when the vehicle was not insured/SORN losing the V5 is not a defence I would like to rely upon personally.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X