• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tenancy Renwal Fee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy Renwal Fee

Good Morning All

Just a quick question as this is the first time I have come across this.
    The agency I rent my property from charges me for every tenancy renewal is this allowed ? I have never had this with any other estate agent / agency before. Everyone I have spoken to locally that I know rent their property also say this is strange as they don't.

Thanks in advance
    Shane
    Tags: None

Re: Tenancy Renwal Fee

yes, its allowed, but it usualy only a very small fee, ( £ 25 to £ 60 ) just for the document costs.

How big is your LL/Agent. Have seen some small ones take the Pee with this, How much is it ?
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
      yes, its allowed, but it usualy only a very small fee, ( £ 25 to £ 60 ) just for the document costs.

How big is your LL/Agent. Have seen some small ones take the Pee with this, How much is it ?
      Hi There

Thanks for the reply.
      They are quite big I think with a few thousand properties I am led to believe.

This is a link to them https://iheartproperty.co.uk/

Its only £75.00 but every 6 months seem money for nothing in my eyes its only a Print, post, sign, return and file procedure.

I started to doubt it was Legal as everyone I spoke to has never heard of this as they don't have the same issue.

Thanks
      Shane

Comment

I had this problem in my previous flat that was with crucible. They put me on a 6 months tenancy & I passed all credit checks & so forth without a problem & even had a gleaming letter of reference from my previous landlord which stated I maintain & improved on the property during my stay & was a shame to see me go. After 6 months they called me up asking for me to sign a new tenancy agreement & I said can I sign for a longer one & they said I couldn't so I signed. I was charged £60 every 6 months for 3 years until I told them at the end of current 6 month tenancy that I want a longer one or I'm not signing a new one. They clearly refused so I left to my current one & they kept my bond claiming it was in poor condition & required repairs which wasn't true. Anyways I would like to know can they legally refuse to sign a longer tenancy because this is the problem we have today. Councils selling off homes to private landlords that abuse there position & letting agents that do nothing to help you.

I've recently discovered in Rotherham, your no longer entitled to social housing if your currently in a private letting so once you go private in Rotherham at least, there's no going back!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X