• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Oh Shit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh Shit

Oops. Maybe I got that wrong, that's how I interpreted post 10.

Maybe Noah could clear that up

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
      Oops. Maybe I got that wrong, that's how I interpreted post 10.

Maybe Noah could clear that up
      The Default Notices were from Morgan Stanley.
      I have managed to scan the letters as well as the response to my CCA request. In the CCA request the did include the Direct Deit and pages of statements but I have just scanned one as an example

CCA.pdfDN.pdf

I wonder what people think

Comment

[QUOTE=Noah;564754]The Default Notices were from Morgan Stanley.
        I have managed to scan the letters as well as the response to my CCA request. In the CCA request the did include the Direct Deit and pages of statements but I have just scanned one as an example

CCA.pdfDN.pdf

Hi Is your full name and address as it was when the loan was taken out on any of the parts of the " agreement " form and does it state Liverpool Victoria as the creditor?

nem

Comment

Nem, if you look it does say creditor Liverpool Victoria with an address on the top page on the agreement

Comment

Is there any data as to the change over from LV to MS changes to terms etc.

nem

Comment

Hi Nem
              The name and address are mine and it does give the name of LV on the agreement, I had just blanked them out because that's what I thought I should do. The default notices were from Morgan Stanley.
              I vaguely remember getting something saying that LV had taken over but that was all a long time ago and I wasn't very good at record keeping, I didn't know about this sort of site then
              I hope that tells you what you need to know

Comment

Any news on this, did you get a reply from your CCA request?

Comment

I've just seen the claim was issued on the 27th of July, still a little time left to file a defence but if they've not replied to the CPR request, it's time to chase that one up as they should have done so in 7 days and as the claim is over £10k there's no arguing they don't need to comply because it'll go to small claims. :mmph: It can be chased by email and followed up by phone if necessary. It may be an idea to ask them to agree to a 28 day extension to file a defence as allowed by CPR15.5. :thumb: If you, the court needs to be informed in writing. :typing:

There's no need to chase the CCA request though, as non-compliance is a bar to enforcement. :thumb:

Comment

Hi all

Things have been really difficult for me here and I think I should have submitted my defence by yesterday. I have not received anything from the solicitors or Hillsden apart from a letter saying they were looking for the info and I should have it because it will all have been sent to me.
                    I have used a template from here to submit my defence today based on no documents but I have also added a line saying that I deny ever having had a loan with Liverpool Victoria.
                    I haven't mentioned it but I was going through some old paperwork and found my bank statements. It shows a credit from Morgan Stanley and the few payments I made just said DD
                    Is it worth sending a SAR to my bank to find out exactly who I was making payments to?

I hope I haven't screwed up by being a day late

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                      Hi all

Things have been really difficult for me here and I think I should have submitted my defence by yesterday. I have not received anything from the solicitors or Hillsden apart from a letter saying they were looking for the info and I should have it because it will all have been sent to me.
                      I have used a template from here to submit my defence today based on no documents but I have also added a line saying that I deny ever having had a loan with Liverpool Victoria.
                      I haven't mentioned it but I was going through some old paperwork and found my bank statements. It shows a credit from Morgan Stanley and the few payments I made just said DD
                      Is it worth sending a SAR to my bank to find out exactly who I was making payments to?

I hope I haven't screwed up by being a day late
                      You should be OK, the court will accept your defence even if it's late as long as the claimants haven't requested default judgment. :scared:

The LV issue sounds a bit similar to the Citi cards sold to Opus where they are saying there was an agreement between the defendant and Opus. :noidea:

Comment

I submitted my defence and had an acknowledgement from the court but since then I have heard nothing at all.

I understand I should hear within 28 days which is up about now if I have calculated it correctly
                        Does this mean anything good or bad or am I getting ahead of myself

Do I need to do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                          I submitted my defence and had an acknowledgement from the court but since then I have heard nothing at all.

I understand I should hear within 28 days which is up about now if I have calculated it correctly
                          Does this mean anything good or bad or am I getting ahead of myself

The claimant has 28 days from receipt of your defence, not from the day you filed it, to respond and say whether they are going to proceed with the claim, that means they may still have a few days left depending on when you filed it.

If they don't respond the claim will be stayed but you don't get told if that happens. May be worth checking with the court but I'd give it another week or so.

Comment

Thank you Flaming Parrot
                            If I have worked it out correctly I sent my defence in 4 weeks ago yesterday so I suppose that the court have to pass that on before the 28 days starts.
                            How long does that take?
                            I have been waiting and worrying until yesterday and thought it might all be over but it would seem that I have to wait even longer.

Comment

Still no news

Will wait until Friday and then phone the court

I will let you know

Comment

Well I did phone the court at the start of the month and they confirmed receiving my defence but had nothing from the solicitors . Phoned again on Friday and the position is still the same , nothing from the solicitors .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X