• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holdong 2 Ltd / Santander - 11-6-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holdong 2 Ltd / Santander - 11-6-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 11-6-2015
    Amount approx: £18,125.16
    Claimant: Hoist Portfolio Holdong 2 Ltd
    Solicitor: Howard Cohen & Co
    Original Credit: Santander

Particulars of Claim:
    This claim is for the sum of £17,196.19 in respect of monies owing pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account no 090357 41259896
    The debt was legally assigned by Santander UK PLC, to the claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.
    The Claimant claims
    1. The sum of £27,296.29
    2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 26/05/2015 to the date hereof 14 days is the sum of 52.77
    3. daily interest at the rate of 3.77
    4. Costs

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent:

Other Info:
    Santander have passed the debt onto Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. they have placed it with Howard Cohen & Co who have instructed Robinson Way Debt Collectors to collect £18,125.16.

The loan was taken out on the 16th May 2008.

Have a PPI which i had believed had paid the loan off.
    Robinson Way have tried to get me to accept a Tolling Agreement?
    Have given me 30 days to respond from the 27th June 2015.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Hoist Portfolio Holdong 2 Ltd / Santander - 11-6-2015

Just to be clear, you say the loan was taken out in May 2008, when was the account defaulted , the last payment or written acknowledgement made?
    What do you mean by a tolling agreement ?
    It is slightly confusing, have you actually received a claim from Northampton court , I ask because you say that RW have given you until 27th July to respond.
    If a claim has been issued , have you acknowledged the claim with intent to defend and have you entered your defence because it would seem if not you are out of time and will get a CCJ by default

Comment

Originally posted by foxy123557 View Post
      Received a claim? Yes

Particulars of Claim:
      This claim is for the sum of £17,196.19 in respect of monies owing pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account no 090357 41259896
      The debt was legally assigned by Santander UK PLC, to the claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.
      The Claimant claims
      1. The sum of £27,296.29
      2. Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 26/05/2015 to the date hereof 14 days is the sum of 52.77
      4. Costs

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent:

Other Info:
      Santander have passed the debt onto Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Ltd. they have placed it with Howard Cohen & Co who have instructed Robinson Way Debt Collectors to collect £18,125.16.

Have a PPI which i had believed had paid the loan off.
      Hi Welcome to LB.

Is this a loan account? Secure or unsecured?
      Credit Card?

Santander has sold the account to Hoist, RW are just collectors/managers of accounts.

The figures here are odd as well! The dates are a mystery too!

We have claim £27.2K we have claim £17.19K approx. amount £18.1K and RW to collect £18.1K

Can you please post a copy of the " claim form " ref: N1 after removing your name and address and the claim No.

Also what makes you think the debt is statute barred> the loan was only taken out in 2008 was it immediately defaulted?

Did you receive any PPI refund directly into your hand i.e. by cheque or by a bank transfer?
      Or was the refund offset against the loan.

I presume you mean a Tomlin Order an agreement between the parties to a claim which if maintained does not result in a judgement?

Comment

Received a claim? Yes
        If the claim was issued on the 11th of June, your defence should have been submitted within within 33 days. Did HC agree to an extension to file your defence? The maximum allowed by the CPRs is 28 days. Can you clarify what the 30 days refer to?

Comment

Received a claim? Yes

Particulars of Claim:
          The Claimant claims
          1. The sum of £27,296.29

4. Costs
          How did we get from £17k to £28k? :scared:

The amount will also make a difference to the allocation of the case, claims over £25k are allocated to multi-track.

Comment

Have a PPI which i had believed had paid the loan off
            Did you make a claim to the insurers? What was their response? Some policies only cover your payment for a limited period, for example, 12 months
            What sort of agreement is that? A Tomlin Order?

Comment

Unsecured personal loan.
              Apologies the figure is £17,196.19 + interest of £52.77 = £17,248.96 + £776.20 (Court Fee) + £100 (Solicitors Fee) = £18,125.16 + interest of £3.77 per day from 11/06/2015 and Costs.
              I believed the debt was statue barred because of it being over 6 years from taking it out, it was defaulted in 2010. Due to illness (Cancer).
              No did not claim PPI refund, did not receive any money.
              Did not agree to the Tomlin order.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Foxy
                I am sorry to say it will not be SB as SB has nothing to do with when it was taken out, it is to do with when the last payment or acknowledgement was made.
                When you received the claim did you
                1) Acknowledge
                2) Send off for any paperwork
                3) Agree to an extension
                4) Submit a defence

If no to these then it is probable that they have got a judgement by default

I do hope that your treatment is going ok and not washing you out too much,

If there has been a judgement against you and there is a prospect of you having a defence you may be able to get it set aside due to your illness however I would recommend legal advice
                http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/how...le/paul-tilley

This could be a man to contact or PM PT2537

Comment

Unsecured personal loan.
                  Apologies the figure is £17,196.19 + interest of £52.77 = £17,248.96 + £776.20 (Court Fee) + £100 (Solicitors Fee) = £18,125.16 + interest of £3.77 per day from 11/06/2015 and Costs.
                  I believed the debt was statue barred because of it being over 6 years from taking it out, it was defaulted in 2010. Due to illness (Cancer).
                  Hello Foxy,

Unfortunately the 6 year period on the loan did not start until the creditor ask/demanded immediate payment in full or arguably the default date.

nem

Comment

Unsecured personal loan.
                    Thanks for clarifying, that's much better. :thumb:
                    Sadly the limitation period starts to run from the time the debtor would have cause to take action, which would have been after you defaulted, not from the time when it was taken out.
                    I asked because on your first post you said you had PPI which you believed had paid the loan off. :confused2:

If you had PPI and made a claim and it didn't pay out, it may well be that it was mis-sold and you may have a counter-claim for the mis-sold PPI which would reduce the amount they are entitled to under a judgment or Tomlin order.

Have you any idea how you applied for this loan?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X