• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

excess credit card charge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• excess credit card charge

Today I received credit card statement with unrecognised item by Company A. I enquire with Company A regarding the item.

This was traced back to the purchase online on Company B website for tyre fitting, which I received email confirmation on the order with a different price.

The service was not delivered on the expected day. I had to contact the Company B. I spoke with a man from Company B who took my credit card details over the phone. The service was delivered 2 days later.

Today when I spoke with the same man from Company B about the extra charges, he now tells me, he charged me upgrade tyre, and also 3% for using credit card.
    I told him I did not ask for upgrade and did not know about the 3% credit card fee.
    He said the 3% credit card fee is stated on terms and conditions in website, and he also said he has recording that I agreed on the amount on phone.
    I told him I certainly did not agree to pay extra. I asked him to play me the recording, he declined.
    I told him there was no 3% credit card fee stated on website, and I have only agreed to the price I ordered online, which was also the same price on the confirmation email I received.
    I asked him to refund the excess he charged me without my informing me, or I’ll ask my credit card company for full refund.
    He refused to refund the excess he charged, and he said I could not ask full refund from my credit card company either, because this would be ‘theft’ when the tyre is already fitted, and I have used the tyre since.
    Today I revisited Company B website sales terms and conditions, I can verify there is really no 3% credit card fee stated on it.
    My heart tells me I’m entitled to refund, and my head tells me it’s not logical I'm called ‘theft’.

Could anyone please advise what I am truly fairly entitled to?
    If I’m entitle for refund, who do I ask it from, Company A or B or credit card company?

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X