• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Issues with Vodafone - Advice Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Vodafone - Advice Needed

Hi Guys,

New to forum and was reading through and wondering if you could advise me how I should proceed.

I moved to Vodafone with the launch of the 6 Plus and thought all was dandy, had a couple of minor issues but were fixed straight away on the phone etc and all was good, including changing my bill date etc so everything went out at the beginning of the month.

In April/May I took out a 2nd Contract with them as it was a great deal and shortly after I asked for the two accounts to be merged. Initially after some hesitation and being on hold I was told it could be done. Great, or so I thought. I specifically asked if it would affect my bill date at the beginning of the month and I was assured that it would not and I thought that was the end of that.

Billing time came around for June and my billing cycle had changed, whilst unfortunatly I was on holiday, so I gave them a brief call and asked them why and can it be changed back, but I was informed I had been moved over to the new billing system when the account was created and could not. Flat out, no apologies etc, I was fuming and asked if the direct debit could be cancelled so I could pay shortly a week later to get my finances back in order, they said yes, but I ended up having my service suspended for a couple of days for non payment. It wasnt cancelled as such, and I accrued £30 worth of bank charges for the failed Direct Debits.

End of June/July time, I get an email for a second bill, but this one was a whopping £610! for the cancellation of my old account. Straight on the phone again to be passed across the world of operators and I was told it was an error, even got a text confirming it was sent in error. At this point I was already complaining about the fact my bill date had been changed without my prior knowledge and that I had been misinformed despite being very specific with my questions when I had the accounts merged, but I gave up and thought atleast the £610 wasnt true. The operator even informed me that the direct debit on the old account didnt exist anymore so no payment could be taken.

2 Weeks later, I noticed that there were two bounches direct debit payments from vodafone of guess what £610!!!!! Calling them back, after being passed across two operators, I was told I cant do anything right now, our system is updating, call back later. Very helpful as always! Called back as requested, explained my situation again for the 400th time, and told them to check my notes. Once again another empty apology and assurance that my charges were at fault and he specifically stated he had removed them on the account. I also enquired about a seperate issue where I had used some pay by phone bill charges, to be informed I had gone over my limit and thats why my account was restricted (Was 12p over -.-). I asked how to get this lifted as I said I was removing the direct debit authorisation until I know the £600 had been cancelled. Once again I was put on hold and told he had filled out a form and someone would be in touch.

Now throughout approx 10+ calls, I had repeatedly asked to speak to a manager, and once got a "senior advisor." I was told a manager would call me back but after 72 hours, I did not get a call from a manager or anyone for a matter of fact regarding the now suspended service on my phone and the other issues described above.... But the story didnt end there.....

I left a very (and I will admit Sarcastic at this point) novel describing my situation on their Ask our CEO page in the early hours of the morning, but later that day I had a text saying they had tried to call me and gave me an actual UK based Customer Services direct dial number! I thought WOW some progress. I spoke to a nice guy, who within (no-lie) 2 minutes had my service unrestricted (Previously its taken them 24-48 hours to do)..... He also said the £610 charge had not been cancelled and he did that, as it required a managers authorization (whom he was) but my point was why did they just not tell me that in the first place! He also said he would put a £60 credit on my account to cover bank fees etc. I asked for this to be sent to me via e-mail which he did but I couldnt discuss further at the time as I had to go back to work, but I thought at this point I had sorted most of it out, although I still wanted to discuss what they were going to do about the repeated lies I had been told about various aspects of my problems.

4 Days later despite being told I would see the credit straight away..... Still Nothing, and I am extremely irritated about this situation. Surely its unlawful that they tried taking an unauthorised payment repeatedly from my account? Anyone got any advice with how I should proceed? I e-mailed them back this evening asking them to contact me with an explanation, but I feel now I should push for more? Should I? Shouldnt I?

One things for certain, I'm starting to wish I never left O2, three years back, EE service was poor, and despite the fantastic vodafone signal I get, the service I got from them is appalling, and I've seen many a shocking service whilst working in the hospitality industry!

Any advice or comments you guys could give would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X