• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Emergency Budget 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Budget 2015

UK
    Press releases

Carers UK responds to the Emergency Budget 2015

08 July 2015
    Responding to the Emergency Budget Heléna Herklots, Chief Executive of Carers UK, said:
    "Carers will be relieved that Carer's Allowance has not been cut and, along with disability benefits, is protected from the freeze to benefits. It is a vital financial lifeline for people looking after a loved one and important recognition of their role. However, with £12bn of cuts to the social security system, it is inevitable that carers' incomes will be hit by some of the measures announced today.
    Freezes to other working age benefits that many carers and their families rely on, cuts to parts of Employment Support Allowance, the lowering of the benefit cap, and the changes to tax credits are particularly worrying. Our research shows carers are already facing a £1bn cut to their incomes, pushing families into financial hardship, with many already having to cut back on essentials like food and heating.
    Commitment to greater spending on the NHS is welcome, yet the lack of an announcement on social care spending means that we will be eagerly awaiting the Spending Review to see if the Government has any plans to fill the £4.3 billion funding gap and ensure that carers and their loved ones received the support they need."
    Tags: None

Re: Emergency Budget 2015

As usual those who are taking a burden off the social services are to be (albeit indirectly) penalised. Sometimes you just feel like slapping someone!
    The increased spending on the NHS will probably be sucked up yet more clipboard wielding desk jockeys while the carers, those actually doing a job that makes a difference, will find things more difficult due to ‘sleight of hand’ budget ticks.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Emergency Budget 2015

Your not wrong as usual paws, very sad situation and we will not feel all the implications for a while yet, but it will come.
      Slapping someone would do me no good, I would need to have them hung, drawn and quartered to feel any justice.
      The increase in the NHS budget is a farce, the new cap on care charges although was a con tbh is not happening now until 2020 too late for some and probably never for most.
      The clone clowns have been allowed to lie, thieve and treat us like shit and all because they can. I said it a while ago in reference to how my daughters care packages were going etc and me dads, the sooner they get us back in the Victorian way of life the better for them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X