• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Financial non compliance of CCA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell Financial non compliance of CCA

1999, online. They just posted me a card and kept bumping up the credit limit. I was young and stupid and earning peanuts and using it for things like car insurance.

I know I spent it and I should pay it and it bothers me but its almost £10k and a messy divorce and corresponding lack of money and drop in income means I have
    no way to pay it! I already have a load of other debt and only now starting to see light at the end of a long tunnel. With the aid of a telescope lol

Comment

Hi David that's excellent!!
      I see that some attempts have been made to discredit my suggestions.
      Which a totally stand by!

So I will thank you sincerely for your reputation comment and allow you
      to make your own decisions.

Best wishes
      Nem,
      you to make your

Comment

Originally posted by Torquemadder View Post
        1999, online. They just posted me a card and kept bumping up the credit limit. I was young and stupid and earning peanuts and using it for things like car insurance.

I know I spent it and I should pay it and it bothers me but its almost £10k and a messy divorce and corresponding lack of money and drop in income means I have
        no way to pay it! I already have a load of other debt and only now starting to see light at the end of a long tunnel. With the aid of a telescope lol
        There is a point when it comes to attempting to clear a raft of old debt when it is important to remember the creditor/DCA's etc.
        cannot have what you haven't got, what ever they threaten an however much they moan and beg they cannot "get blood out of a stone".
        It has worked in the past just being upfront with some of the creditors and say that whatever they do there is little prospect of then achieving their desired result.
        None of your debts appear to be " priority " matters work through a list and see what is achievable/reasonable and affordable to you.!!

nem

Comment

It may or may not be relevant but the OP is in a different jurisdiction to certainly me FP and Nem

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
            It may or may not be relevant but the OP is in a different jurisdiction to certainly me FP and Nem
            I see you've checked the OP's profile. :high5: I thought that info was no longer on profiles, I remember looking at some and it just wasn't there. Maybe it's been made optional. :noidea:

The Consumer Credit Act applies equally to England and Wales, Scotland and NI, however, if it went to court then it would certainly make a difference.

Comment

Well the unthinkable has happened. Today I received a thick envelope from Lowell including all the statements again but also full terms and conditions and a copy of an original signed agreement dated 10/09/98.

They are giving me 30 days to propose repaying the amount owed. It's only taken Capital One 5 years and 8 months to supply the correct documents. 30 days leaves 3 months until the debt is timed out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Well the unthinkable has happened. Today I received a thick envelope from Lowell including all the statements again but also full terms and conditions and a copy of an original signed agreement dated 10/09/98.

They are giving me 30 days to propose repaying the amount owed. It's only taken Capital One 5 years and 7 months to supply the correct documents. 30 days leaves 3 months until the debt is timed out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
                Hi well Lowell must have been very determined to nail this debt, but just because they have provided this data it does not necessarily mean what has been provided is enforceable.

It would be helpful to see the documents provided id possible.

nem

Comment

Just firing up the old scanner now, Nem. Do you want the terms and conditions pages as well as the agreement?

You remind me of my old regimental motto - In arduis fidelis

Comment

deleted scan

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by Torquemadder; 6th August 2015, 21:04:PM.

Comment

I realise that the abbreviated terms on this are illegible but it's not due to my scanner. That's just how it is on the photocopy

Comment

I realise that the abbreviated terms on this are illegible but it's not due to my scanner. That's just how it is on the photocopy
                          I can't read them even zooming in. :mmph:

I assume there's more than that...

Comment

They sent a copy of the original terms and conditions as existed when I signed the agreement as well as a legible copy of Cap One's current T&Cs. I just found the copy of the original among the statements. scanning now

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

This one is legible but not with the naked eye. I had to scan it and zoom in to read it

Comment

that one is a later T&Cs as £12.00 late payment charges

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X