• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** SORTED ** Scottish Power - red added my DD and took money - furious

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** SORTED ** Scottish Power - red added my DD and took money - furious

Hello all, So angry at SP.

Left house March 2014 - and emailed my partner and Scottish power saying im leaving and to cancel account in my name and transfer to ex - nothing was ever done despite chasing and chasing,.

recently - had confimation and just found out they took £119 quid and now am over drawn,

please see emails below : anything bank can do -
    i had also copied in the CEO

Hello Mark,

I have just checked my online banking and would like to know why £119.33 has been taken from my bank account on the 15th July 2015

Banking reference : Scottishpower80511294013

I am extremely angry at this and would like the monet refunded. And I am still awaiting my refund if £100 as below.

As stated below I AM NOT LIABLE for any money owing, as the account should be closed in my name and transferred to my ex partner who was living at the address at the time.

How is this DD taken ? as I have deleted all DD info on my bank account.

Please investigate this with a matter of urgency as i am now overdrawn to this and can be proven

Kind Regards
    xxxxx

From: CONTACTUS@SCOTTISHPOWER.COM [mailto:CONTACTUS@SCOTTISHPOWER.COM]
    Sent: 29 June 2015 15:04
    To: ****@******
    Subject: Complaint Number: 8003608377

Dear Mr. ******
    Complaint Number: 8003608377
    Following your email this morning I processed an application to get a £12.43 goodwill payment added to your account which will raised your outstanding credit to £100. I expect this will be applied in next 3 days.
    Once this has been done I shall process your refund of £100 to be sent to you by cheque. I will send you an email to confirm when this has been done.  I have updated your forwarding address to account ****address was here**** Your cheque will be sent there. It normally takes a 14 work days for a cheque to be processed and delivered.
    I also confirm that the outstanding charges are now sent to Mrs ******** who was liable for the energy charges after you left the property.
    I have closed the complaint as resolved as I believe that the amendments I have made are appropriate. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me, you can reach me on 0800 040 7005 to arrange a suitable call back.
    Yours sincerely,
    Mark Sloan
    Customer Care Representative
    Last edited by Quasar; 20th May 2019, 11:23:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Scottish Power - red added my DD and took money - furious

Hiya, Are you on Twitter at all Kevin ?

ScottishPower ‏ @SP_EnergyPeople @LegalBeagles Thanks for reporting this; we'd like to help Kevin. Can he please reach out to us here and DM his details? Thanks, NT

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

hiya - sadly not - never used it, and prob wont.

feel free to email me - ill PM you my email address.

Comment

Ta xx Hopefully you will hear from them, if not from that from your original email complaint.... if not we should put together a formal complaint.

You should check with your bank about this mysterious Direct Debit and make sure it is cancelled.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

from what i have read on the DD website - even when i have cancelled, they are NOT allowed to setup again using existing details ?

They have not taken money from my bank for over 1year, as ex liable - so makes them think they can now, even after offering me £100 refund and confirming they will be chasing my ex.

Comment

They are not meant to no, but you must cancel with the bank.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

i cancelled / deleted via online banking.

Comment

Good. Ring the bank and ask them how the DD was taken when you had cancelled it last year. Under the DD guarantee they must return the money to you if there has been an error.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

i shall pop to the bank in the morning - no point ringing them in 2 counts.

1. they are probably usless
                  2, i am deaf.... lol

xxxx
                  Last edited by Quasar; 20th May 2019, 11:23:AM.

Comment

lol, well yes in that case probably better popping into the branch.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

been paid the money back from Barclays - they had no issues :

Yet to hear what Scottish Power have to say

Comment

Let me know if you hear anything from them xx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Useless Scottish Power - still no refund yet - this is what i got and this is what i emailed back ( notice who else i sent to )

Hello Cairn,

Have you NOT actually read my initial email from your colleague about the account being closed and refund being made to me.

1. I was being given a refund topped up to £100 as a gesture of good will.
                          2. WHY was I charged £119.33 pence in the first place in July.

Below is a VERBATIM copy of an email sent from MARK SLOAN in red – I suggest you check with your IT guys for proof that this email has been sent from your end.

From: CONTACTUS@SCOTTISHPOWER.COM [mailto:CONTACTUS@SCOTTISHPOWER.COM]
                          Sent: 29 June 2015 15:04
                          To:
                          xxxxxxxxx
                          Subject: Complaint Number: 8003608377

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx
                          Complaint Number: 8003608377
                          Following your email this morning I processed an application to get a £12.43 goodwill payment added to your account which will raised your outstanding credit to £100. I expect this will be applied in next 3 days.
                          Once this has been done I shall process your refund of £100 to be sent to you by cheque. I will send you an email to confirm when this has been done.  I have updated your forwarding address to account xxxxxxx. Your cheque will be sent there. It normally takes a 14 work days for a cheque to be processed and delivered.
                          I also confirm that the outstanding charges are now sent to Mrs xxxxxxx who was liable for the energy charges after you left the property.
                          I have closed the complaint as resolved as I believe that the amendments I have made are appropriate. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me, you can reach me on 0800 040 7005 to arrange a suitable call back.
                          Yours sincerely,
                          Mark Sloan
                          Customer Care Representative

I am getting very frustrated and angry now, at something that should have been closed and have been charged for something I shouldn’t be and am still awaiting a refund/goodwill gesture of £100.

Please get this sorted, or I shall take this further to you CEO and Trading Standards and FoS.

I am also including other senior member of Scottish Power, as this is a very simple issue to close and I would like resolving.
                          I have also included the Energy Ombudsman, as this complaint has been lingering for well over 8 weeks.

Regards
                          xxxxxx
                          From: Domestic Credit Customer Care [mailto:domesticcreditcustomercare@scottishpower.co m]
                          Sent: 28 July 2015 11:52
                          To: xxxxxxx
                          Subject: Scottish Power Complaint 8003608377

Dear Mr Toruck,

Complaint: 8003608377

My name is Cairn Blackmore and I have been updating your complaint today, I can see from the notes on the account that there was an email sent to you on the 23rd July 2015 advising that we were requiring a copy of the bank letter advising you of the bank charge incurred when we took £119.33 from your account.

I can see from our records that a Direct Debit was taken on the 15th July 2015 for this amount however this was returned as an Indemnity Claim. We do not have any other failed payments on the account for the amount of £119.33.

If you could please contact us with regards to this matter this would be appreciated. If we do not hear from you by Monday 3rd August 2015, I will assume you are happy with the resolution to your complaint and I will close it.

You can contact us by either replying to this email, or by calling 0800 040 7005 during the office hours of 8am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm Saturday.

Yours Sincerely

Cairn Blackmore
                          Customer Care Advisor
                          Scottish Power
                          ==
                          Last edited by Quasar; 20th May 2019, 11:24:AM.

Comment

What was the letter of 23rd July ?

Have they sent the £100 cheque ?

Did you go into the branch and ensure the Direct Debit was cancelled?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

What was the letter of 23rd July ?
                              I have no idea - checked my email and backup email - check normal mail - nothing.

Have they sent the £100 cheque ? Nope

Did you go into the branch and ensure the Direct Debit was cancelled? Yes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X