• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Direct earning attachment for unknown jobseeker allowance overpayment!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct earning attachment for unknown jobseeker allowance overpayment!

Can anyone advise please! I received a letter out of the blue in October last year 2014 saying I am having a direct earinings attachment on a jobseekers overpayment of £6224 daring back from 2000. I was shocked as I had no idea what this was about so I wrote to the DWP asking for clarification on this overpayment as I had no clue whatsoever about it! After three letters asking about this with no response I eventually got a letter saying it was because my partner was working and it was From 2000 to 2002 - I was only 24 back then and had no partner!!!!! The letter specified that they do not hold records for back then but I had claimed once after that time and they collected £100 as repayment from that time which was 2004 - why have I not been told or heard about this! I have never been on benefits since back then and have no idea what to do next as I did not claim when I was in any relationship and why after this time am I out of the blue getting a wage attachment? Hope someone can advise!
    Tags: None

Re: Direct earning attachment for unknown jobseeker allowance overpayment!

Welcome aboard
    Originally posted by Moroaks View Post
    Can anyone advise please! I received a letter out of the blue in October last year 2014 saying I am having a direct earinings attachment on a jobseekers overpayment of £6224 daring back from 2000. I was shocked as I had no idea what this was about so I wrote to the DWP asking for clarification on this overpayment as I had no clue whatsoever about it! After three letters asking about this with no response I eventually got a letter saying it was because my partner was working and it was From 2000 to 2002 - I was only 24 back then and had no partner!!!!! The letter specified that they do not hold records for back then but I had claimed once after that time and they collected £100 as repayment from that time which was 2004 - why have I not been told or heard about this! I have never been on benefits since back then and have no idea what to do next as I did not claim when I was in any relationship and why after this time am I out of the blue getting a wage attachment? Hope someone can advise!
    The question I'd ask is, if they do not hold records for 'back then', how come they *reckon* you owe them over £6k? That must have come from a record somewhere... :confused2:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
      Welcome aboard

The question I'd ask is, if they do not hold records for 'back then', how come they *reckon* you owe them over £6k? That must have come from a record somewhere... :confused2:
      I agree and have asked for written proof as they mentioned not having documentation due to end of retention period!! So today I have sent another letter disputing any overpayment and requesting proof of there claim.

Comment

I received the SAR today which was a lot of paperwork regarding the letters I have been sending recently disputing and asking for what this overpayment was for! There is one page with my details to the top with no date and a notesdata box with the following info:-
        .....JSA(IB) OP 516305 01/09/00-31/01/02 6,578:80 FTD ptnr working.
        The above does not have a date and this is seemingly the overpayment details - I have noticed in their notes to find out what this is for it states in here report no qb99 for this customer. It also states in the DWP diary text that we do not have a breakdown of the O/pmt, but basically it breaks down to 74 weeks at £88.90pw (couple rate?) this has not been put in the letter to customer as I cannot verify it.
        ANY ADVICE TO WHAT I DO NEXT as the DWP as per above have nothing in there documentation and can not verify this overpayment THANK YOU

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X