• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

complaint against samsung & currys. please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complaint against samsung & currys. please help

Hi,

Ive just got through some ccj stuff with the help of some lovely beagles. They helped me go from complete idiot to semi idiot. Hoping to attempt to tackle this issue to make it to not quite an idiot lol. So im now having a completely unrelated but very frustrating issue. And im hoping for some guidance please.

On or around 15-19th feb 2015 my parents bought me a fridge freezer and oven from currys. (Id recently been made homeless and rehoused by the council) fast forward to friday the 3rd july, after arriving home from a stay with my mum i find my fridge/freezer not working. The lights were on but nobody was home as such, as that was all fine but no cooling or freezing.

So as it was too late fri i rang 1st thing sat. Samsung were unhelpful and told me they might charge me for engineer if it wasnt broken when he came out. It most certainly is broken. They said switch on n off and well ring back at 6-8pm tonight. They didnt. And they werent open sun

I did some reading about the sale of goods act and ring currys who tell me its not their responsibility and i try argue it is and although im willing to chase samsung up i reserve the right to my statutory rights with currys. From then on ive phoned currys and samsung time after time. Theyve been rude dismissive and flat out lied. I asked currys to speak to manager and they wouldnt but promised theyd issue a complaint for me which they didnt. Honestly the path theyve lead me round would make too lomg a post to explain ir all.

They sent an engineer round and he poked and looked at it n said its your compressor. Which has a ten year warranty attached. I refused a repair and after telling currys why thet said undersrandable we are waiting for samsung to agree to an exchange for a different product. I lost a whole fridge and freezer full plus a big store of breast milk that i was collecting for my son when i have an upcoming operation. They offeres me 50 quid compensation in asda vouchers which doesnt nearly cover it.

Im going to try write a letter to currys detailing just what stress theyve caused and the loss of food is hard hitting as i only get disability benefits, the breast milk loss really has upset me. I have had such a poor experience with samsung i dont want just a repair i dont want another product. My worry is if i go away again and say it fails again but then works again (which its done since fri) i wouldnt know its defrosted/warmed my food and if it refreezes/recools it then me and my child eat it that is dangerous.

I just dont know who to address it to as currys wouldnt provide an address or let me speak to a manager or what to say. Do you think im right to refuse a repair and not accept £50? Or should i argue it all. Are there any templates on this site or elsewhere that could help me?

Thanks a lot and sorry its so long.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X