• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Taking a building company to court.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a building company to court.

Hi all.

Hope someone can help?

I had £18,000 worth of work done on my home in October 2014. After the work was finished the work that they did needed rectifying as some of it was poor quality. They have not come back to do the work so I had a builder come round and quote to put the work right. I then tried to get the money from the company that did the work. They would not do anything so I started a small claims against them.

The problem is that I went to a website called www .flytte. co. uk I pushed the button make an appointment and was visited at home looked at what I wanted doing and went off to send me a quote. The address to contact this company at the bottom of the web page in Flytte Home Improvements Ltd, it says on the website that they do not use sub-contractors. The quote came through and at the bottom of the page it did not have a company name but it did have a company registration number for a different company called Flytte Ltd same address same directors ect.

They are saying that because the quote was sent from Flytte Ltd not Flytte Home Improvement Ltd it has nothing to do with them they did not do the work that's their defence.

I did not agree to the quote in any way the quote was only for £7400 and did not include the main problem which is the boiler all this was done on site from a builder from Flytte Home Improvements Ltd.

I have paid the full bill and it was paid to Flytte no Flytte Ltd or Flytte Home Improvement Ltd.

I just want to know wear I stand with this quote being in a different company registration number. If you google Flytte Ltd it only comes up with Flytte Home Improvements Ltd they are both at the same address and same people.

The quote did not have the boiler on it and at no point did I think I was dealing with a different company because they do not use sub-contractors. Their emails come through with the same logo as Flytte Home Improvements Ltd but sometimes they say Flytte and Flytte Ltd.

The papers go in soon to allocate it to a hearing so if you could help that would be good Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Kati; 9th July 2015, 15:20:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X