• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The most ridiculous situation ever!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most ridiculous situation ever!

To cut a very long and frustrating story short, I've had engines problems with my van since the beginning of the year mainly because I haven't been able to service it properly thanks to the fact that the previous company I worked with paid next to nothing for the jobs that I did because they wanted to keep all of the money for themselves.

After being told continuously that things would improve, I decided to stop allowing them to use my van and told them to take a hike.

Irritatingly, I now find myself in a position where I have two companies that I can earn a decent amount of money with and no van as the engine has since packed up and I've been told that I need to replace it.

So I found a company that reconditions engines in Slough and sent my van there. I've since discovered that this company has been shut down before, as recently as December last year, and has just been shut down again by Trading Standards and the Police as they have been charged with conspiracy to defraud and launder money!! (and guess who they bank with! Begins with H and ends with C!)

So my van is now tied up in a police investigation along with at least 100 other vehicles! I am a one man band, that van is my business and only source of income. The engine breaking down was a major problem but this is something else altogether. I can't get my van back to fix elsewhere and have been told that this could take a weeks or even months to sort out..

Is there anything I can do legally about this.? Or where do I even stand legally in this ridiculous situation?

I seem to go from one complicated situation to another at the moment!

Cheers,
    Dan
    Tags: None

Re: The most ridiculous situation ever!

Can't comment about the legal situation, but if it were me I would rent a van and at least be able to continue my business.
    They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Or buy a cheapo at auction

Comment

check your insurance and see if there is some cover there, maybe rental van you never can tell and it's surely worth the price of a phone call to find out. Talk to your bank it might be time to invest in another van .

Comment

Thanks for your replies.. I do have access to another van but by using it, I only get paid by the hour which is some 70% lower than running my own vehicle. This is why I run my own vehicle, my van is my business which is being affected by the subsequent action against the repair company.. My insurance company won't cover anything as there is no accident or theft involved..

Luckily, I didn't pay an money to them but my problem is that my van is now caught up in the police investigation when it needs to be repaired elsewhere so I can get back on the road properly again.. I'm loosing quite a lot of money each day because of this..

That's where my question about where I stand legally was directed. Not against the police or Trading Standards but against the company involved.. Given their history, they're probably not even insured. I guess I'll have to try and be patient, not one of my strong qualities, and wait it out..

Another problem I have is due to my previous problems with HSBC, MKDP etc who have all destroyed my credit rating so I can't get a loan to finance another van, I'm stuck with this one..

It's frustrating, each time I pick myself up again, something like this happens and I have to spend the next several months trying to recover financially again..

Oh well.. it's late.. Going to bed..

Thanks again..
          Dan

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X