• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish and Sourthern bills to rise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish and Sourthern bills to rise

Scottish and Southern Energy has become the last of the UK's six main suppliers to increase fuel bills as it hit customers with double-digit price hikes.

The group confirmed it would raise tariffs by an average of 14.2% for electricity and 15.8% for gas from April 1.
    Scottish and Southern - which has 8.5 million customers - said the move came as it has faced "stubbornly high" wholesale energy costs.
    Households have been hit by a swathe of energy price increases this year as suppliers seek to pass on the wholesale rises.
    In January, Npower became the first of the "big six" to hike costs, and was soon followed by EDF and British Gas, which announced tariff rises in the same month.
    Scottish and Southern had pledged to freeze its energy prices until the end of March, but said that it was forced into the decision as wholesale electricity costs have soared 90% and gas by 100% since March last year.
    Alistair Phillips-Davies, energy supply director of Scottish & Southern, told the group's customers that he was "sorry".
    He said: "Energy supply in the UK is changing dramatically, with companies having to operate in volatile markets, which reflect depletion of North Sea oil and gas fields, soaring global demand for all types of energy and over 100 US dollars a barrel for oil.
    "These pressures are compounded by the rising transmission, distribution and environmental costs, which suppliers have to meet.
    "You cannot resist indefinitely the impact of these issues and I am sorry that all of this has culminated in the price rises we are

Re: Scottish and Sourthern bills to rise

Am with British Gas for both electric and gas anyone poi nt me in direction of cheaper fuel please???

Comment

Re: Scottish and Sourthern bills to rise

Hi Gobby
      I have switched from British Gas to NPower, they imo are as bad as one another and am at the moment waiting to get switched to SPARKS. I will chase this up actually as its taking a while.
      It did say in the papers though, over 5 million people have switched suppliers thus far so expect they are busy.
      I did mine through a comparison site, there are a few so try as many as you like.
      I think it depends on the area you live in as to which is the best for your fuel.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X