• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Royal Mail Shockers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail Shockers.

I presume it is ok to post this thread in this forum? In recent times, I have suffered an increase in misdelivered mail, as in my mail going through a neighbour's letter box and vice versa. I can just about live this, not good of course, but in recent times their service has reached a new nadir.

A few months ago, our postman chucked a recorded delivery letter through our letter box, without even knocking on the door. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I don't know if he did it on purpose or not, perhaps it wasn't given to him right in the first place, but it is woeful service by one Royal Mail employee or another regardless.

Then, just a few weeks ago, I posted off a recorded delivery letter and it came back through my own letter box the next day, again without being signed for. Their complaints team, who were emailed a scanned copy of the front and back of the letter in question, offered no explanation as to how it could have happened. Although they insisted that their equipment is set to correctly read the side of the envelope that has postage on, they still suggested that I write the sender's address, on the back of the envelope of course, at a 45 degree angle in future. Again, this is the first time something like that has ever happened to me.
    Tags: None

Re: Royal Mail Shockers.

So what have RM done to put this right?
    I have to be honest, I sometimes get my neighbours mail through my door and sometimes get RM signed for left on my doorstep or posted . It must be said that I live in a secure access block of flats with only 8 flats and I know everyone. Only two days ago I received my tracked BT hub delivered with no signature needed but I know the postman and it suits me fine .

Have you escalated the complaint to a higher level ?

Comment

Re: Royal Mail Shockers.

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
      So what have RM done to put this right??
      Hi there. Amazingly, this then happened a second time! The first level complaints team sent me a book of first class stamps, as a gesture of good will, and said that was all I was getting. I think that this amounted to a cash value of £3.78. I went back to them and said that this was completely ridiculous. I had taken the time and effort to go to the post office, in person, and posted two letters recorded delivery. Both of these letters had then turned up through my own letter box a couple of days after they were posted, unsigned for too, which they had been given clear and indisputable evidence of. I then had to go to the hassle of explaining what had happened to the intended recipients. Then, I had to spend the time and effort of reattending the post office, in person, to send off the two letters via recorded delivery again. As I had already spent £3.46 sending off the two letters in the first place, which resulted in immense hassle and zero service, then they were in effect giving me the princely sum of 32 pence compensation. Not to mention the envelopes cost a few pence as well. Who on earth decided I wouldn't have just wanted my money back and not any of their stupid stamps? Arrogance beyond belief. However, they again responded by still insisting that was all I was going to get.

Obviously, I wasn't going to accept this and formally requested that my request be escalated to the next stage. I eventually heard back from someone who said that I would be sent a second book of first class stamps, plus a £10 cheque as compensation. I deemed that this was appropriate and accepted it as closure to my complaint. However, how on earth did it get to me originally having to escalate my complaint? This was a very clear case of incompetence and inconvenience caused, which should have been satisfactorily resolved much earlier. All in all, a terrible initial experience, followed by a terrible initial customer service experience, which at the very least ended well. I was left very unimpressed.
      Last edited by Kati; 6th September 2015, 06:42:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X