• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DISCONTINUED ** Small claims track

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** DISCONTINUED ** Small claims track

Hi , I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice?
    i have today received a

' notice of proposed allocation to the small claim track'

this was from a capital one credit card over 8years ago , it is no longer on my credit file.

i firstly received a court document to which I filled in my defence as this debt is statute barred, and I have now received this document .

Please help as I am unsure where to go from here!
    I am 100% sure is statue barred.

thankyou in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Small claims track

Originally posted by Apple18 View Post
    Hi , I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice?
    i have today received a

' notice of proposed allocation to the small claim track'

this was from a capital one credit card over 8years ago , it is no longer on my credit file.

i firstly received a court document to which I filled in my defence as this debt is statute barred, and I have now received this document .

Please help as I am unsure where to go from here!
    I am 100% sure is statue barred.

thankyou in advance
    Hi and welcome aboard

That's just part of the process, the burden of proof is on the claimant, if you stated it's SBd they would have to SHOW that it isn't.

You still need to fill in the document and return it by the date indicated by the court. If it's SBd I see no point in agreeing to mediation as there will be nothing to mediate. No need to object to small claims allocation under C1. Under D1 provide details of your local court. No need for experts (D2). Only one witness (yourself). Provide dates when you can't attend, i.e. booked holidays under D4. No need for an interpreter.

Do keep us posted. :typing:

Comment

Thankyou , I will do just that .

i will keep you updated.

much appreciated !

Comment

thanks for the help , they dropped the case !

Comment

Originally posted by Apple18 View Post
          thanks for the help , they dropped the case !

Time for our anthem once more! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X