• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BlackHorse Secured Loan now with Skye Loans Limited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackHorse Secured Loan now with Skye Loans Limited

We have today received a letter from Skye Loans Ltd requesting payment of an arrears balance and threatening adding charges at the rate of loan interest.

They also state that our home may be repossessed if payment is not made.

There is no breakdown as to what it relates to but can only recall a different old arrears amount in which was previously agreed between my OH and Blackhorse to add extra to the monthly amount.

Should we send an account in dispute letter requesting breakdown / evidence of the amount ? Is there a template letter that also includes that no fees / charges including interest are to be added until a satisfied response received ?

Also do we also stop making payments until resolved ?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: BlackHorse Secured Loan now with Skye Loans Limited

Is the Capita Trust owned company?

Yes a very carefully worded prove it letter is needed I suspect you as many others have never had any contact or contract with Skye Loans Bazza.

Can we see a copy of the letter please?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Is the Capita Trust owned company?

Yes a very carefully worded prove it letter is needed I suspect you as many others have never had any contact or contract with Skye Loans Bazza.

Can we see a copy of the letter please?

nem
      Thanks nem

That's the one.

Yes we did nem, just a brief correspondence from BH advising that the loan had been sold to Skye Loans.

And another from Skye Loans introducing themselves and stateing change of account number and supply of new bank mandate / account details.

Previous to that we had already submitted a SAR to BH in which they have failed to provide any annual statements but did send a current statement of account with no terms, APR details etc. We followed up with a failed SAR letter but received no reply.

Do you now think this has prompted Skye's response ?

Give me 5 minutes and I will post up edited version :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Here you go Nem.

My OH is pretty worried as she informed me there was some old arrears but not the amount mentioned.

She said that she had an agreement with BH to pay extra each month to clear it.

Do we need to send an account in dispute letter or something else ?
        Attached Files

Comment

Also do we also stop making payments until resolved ?
          Absolutely not. This is a secured loan! Unless you have a good reason to think the loan has been repaid, carry on with your usual monthly payments which I assume you are now making to Skye Loans.

Comment

Hi Bazza

There has been some talk of these secured loans having some paperwork errors in the past.

I would be asking for a copy of the contract asap.

Was this a straight forward secured loan or a 2nd Mortgage under seal?

nem.
            Last edited by nemesis45; 24th June 2015, 17:14:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
              Absolutely not. This is a secured loan! Unless you have a good reason to think the loan has been repaid, carry on with your usual monthly payments which I assume you are now making to Skye Loans.
              Thank-you for your comments Camel.

I was not suggesting intentions to stop paying but was merely asking if I put the account in dispute do I cease paying until resolved as part of any condition of complaint.

I can assure that regular payments are being made and perhaps there may have been a misunderstanding in the past regarding an outstanding amount. Surely we are entitled to question a requested debt amount with no evidence attaching ?

Comment

Hi Bazza

There has been some talk of these secured loans having some paperwork errors in the past.

nem.
                Thanks nem for your input.

Well we thought it was a straight forward secured loan on the property (BH being the second charge behind our mortgage provider) but when we recieved SAR details recently from BH, there was only a copy of a credit agreement and legal mortgage charge sheet.

And now Skye Loans are quoting mortgage account numbers and that our mortgage has been transferred to them ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
                  I can assure that regular payments are being made and perhaps there may have been a misunderstanding in the past regarding an outstanding amount. Surely we are entitled to question a requested debt amount with no evidence attaching ?
                  You are definitely entitled question the requested debt amount and to get a proper payments and interest / charges added account of how the current debt total is calculated.

I am just saying carry on making your usual monthly repayments whilst there is a dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                    You are definitely entitled question the requested debt amount and to get a proper payments and interest / charges added account of how the current debt total is calculated.

I am just saying carry on making your usual monthly repayments whilst there is a dispute.
                    Thank-you Debt Camel and we will continue making monthly payments.

But in the meantime we will submit a letter requesting evidence / breakdown of the arrears amount mentioned.

Just one question - Blackhorse and Blackhorse Finance Ltd, are they one of the same entity would you know ?

Comment

Just an up-date on the situation.

I have sent a couple of account in dispute letters to Skye regarding a previous old arrears amount stated by BH.

BH and Skye have ignored our request for evidence of said amount and Skye (arrears dept) are continuing to add fees and interest.

I also requested that they correspond in writing only but they are urgently requesting our new landline number to discuss further.

Current payments are being made.

What next - Send another dispute letter or should I be sending something else ?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Bazza

nem.
                        just wondering what the difference is as i have a letter from them stating mortgage but it was as far as i knew a 60mnth secured loan. Is there any benefits to Skye loans calling it a Mortgage or secured loan?

thanks

Comment

Thank-you Debt Camel and we will continue making monthly payments.

But in the meantime we will submit a letter requesting evidence / breakdown of the arrears amount mentioned.

Just one question - Blackhorse and Blackhorse Finance Ltd, are they one of the same entity would you know ?
                          Black Horse is a trading name used by all the Black Horse companies. Quite legal in that respect.

Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                            Black Horse is a trading name used by all the Black Horse companies. Quite legal in that respect.

Sparkie
                            Ok and thanks sparkie.

Would you know if there is only one agreement to be signed for both the legal charge and loan ?

And also what should be correctly stated on agreement ? I have no BH rep signature just a hand written in date and agreement number.

Comment

Ok and thanks sparkie.

Would you know if there is only one agreement to be signed for both the legal charge and loan ?

And also what should be correctly stated on agreement ? I have no BH rep signature just a hand written in date and agreement number.
                              This is the bit at the moment that bothers me......................just what have you got ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X