• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with trades gateway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with trades gateway

[post removed for legal reasons]
    Last edited by Amethyst; 20th June 2016, 10:25:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Problems with trades gateway

Go to citizens advice beureau mate or money saving expert. I was thinking of doing one of these courses but after looking at a few forum posts and opinions from professionals im steering well clear. Good luck

Comment

Did CAB help you write the letter re misrepresentation?
      If there has been Misrepresentation you should be able to rescind the contract.
      On rescission both parties are put back into the position they were before contracting, which would involve Trades Gateway refunding the finance house.
      Can you post up that letter, and any response you have had?

Comment

I will try putting the letters I have sent and received but I'm useless with computers I have a few. At the moment I'm not paying anything I have made 2 payments but lucky the bank wouldn't set it up but I can't afford to pay something I'm not receiving I'm in a right pickle any help is much appreciated many thanks

Comment

Once you inform him you no longer wish to proceed it will be interesting to know what happens please tell us it may help others,
          You could ask for something in writing regarding the course if this is forthcoming that to could help others.
          Personally I think you have done the right thing if he turns up record it all will show them up

Comment

it all sounded too good to be true''
            then, sadly, it probably is.

He mentioned having 1,500 applicants a week, of which he could only put 8 forward to the college, who would then select only 4
            That does sound like rubbish to me, but the instances of complaints we see on here will only be a very teeny tiny percentage of those who go on to take the courses, and presumably some do so very successfully else the business couldn't still be functioning.

Have you investigated training in another way, doing a course at college in the evenings ?

If he's coming tonight, will you ask him about the loan agreement a bit, how much the interest rate is, how long it is payable over, what happens if you need to cancel, and who the loan is with - specifically is he wanting you to take out a consumer credit agreement for a loan. I'd quite like to know how he explains it.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

By way of example - you could look at college part time courses - http://www.hlcollege.ac.uk/Courses/pt_electrical.html

Worthwhile starting place to look at further education is http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...tudent-Finance
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Nidge b View Post
                [quoted post removed for legal reasons

i have had the exact same problem my friend, i signed up for the engineering course which had the plumbing and the electrician course in one. started of well and then have heard nothing since yet ive been paying £135 a month for a year now for something i dont even use. get out as quick as you can and dont be a fool like me paying such a large sum of money every month since march 2014. hope it gets sorted for you, i going through the CAB now for advice.
                Last edited by Amethyst; 20th June 2016, 18:54:PM.

Comment

I have been on a course with trades gateway and financial company career for trade I am now stuck in a course that is no use to me paying back £6500 I have already paid £2500 and I'm stuck in the agreement

Comment

I've started a course with these last year and what the man that came to see me told me was totally different and misleading and now I'm stuck paying £7500 because they said I have no evidence him saying that

Comment

I also signed up to trades gateway and almost half way through the course it states I have to do pre attendance tests. Failed twice and will not let me go any further It doesn't say how many u scored or how many you need to pass but has just come up failed. Emailed the tutors who are refusing to send me any more books and cannot help me with the pre attendance test as they say it is systematically completed. My point is how many more people are in the same boat as me. Have I just been robbed with all the money I have paid so far and have to continue to pay. Any help or advice will be much appreciated x

Comment

Originally posted by Rissa.b89 View Post
                        I also signed up to trades gateway and almost half way through the course it states I have to do pre attendance tests. Failed twice and will not let me go any further It doesn't say how many u scored or how many you need to pass but has just come up failed. Emailed the tutors who are refusing to send me any more books and cannot help me with the pre attendance test as they say it is systematically completed. My point is how many more people are in the same boat as me. Have I just been robbed with all the money I have paid so far and have to continue to pay. Any help or advice will be much appreciated x
                        Hello,
                        I send you my email from my tutor team:
                        Thank you for your web mail.
                        you have to anwer all questions whithin an hour.
                        Thank you for your webmail. We feel rather unhelpful with the online test as it is computer generated and marked, we have no access to this test and are unable to provide you with feedback., There is a paper based assessment issued by your customer services should you have had four attempts at this exam. With the paper based test you will receive , we can give you all the support necessary to complete it should you wish so. I do hope this answers your query.
                        Regards

Tutor team.

Comment

HI,
                          I still have all the sms between me and the seller... I dont know if will help me
                          I was lied too.
                          Stuck in the pre-attendance test. I dont know what to do

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron robinson View Post
                            I've started a course with these last year and what the man that came to see me told me was totally different and misleading and now I'm stuck paying £7500 because they said I have no evidence him saying that
                            Hi
                            Can you give me your phone number or email address please
                            Thanks

Comment

hi rissa.b89
                              I to are going through the exact same thing , I failed the on-line test etc I was then sent a hard copy but needed a phd in health and safety to pass , now I have final demand letters coming to pay up all this money with nothing to show for it .... surely this must be breaking the law especially will so many people having the same treatment ? they nearly all get to the same point then this happens they offer the world then pull the rug out from under your feet leaving a massive debt and nothing to show...the loan company is career finance 4 trade skills ltd no joy there they want there money no matter what you inform them ..
                              Last edited by sam007; 10th February 2017, 22:44:PM. Reason: forgot to mention the finance company

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X