• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Misleading Tradesgateway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misleading Tradesgateway

Hi

December last year I signed up to a welding online course with trades gateway it's been awhile since I started the course and have not completed any of it apart from the first tutor marked assessment, I'm having to work 40-50 hours a week at work to get on top of my bills and due to that I have no time to study.

Earlier this month I looked into canceling the course and stumbled on a lot of problems with doing so, I then looked through all the stuff the advisor gave me when he came to my house nothing there stated how or any cooling off period, when he came to my house he insured me it was pay to learn and said nothing about the cooling off period or let alone left me with any other paper work I signed I was in a safe position to sign the paper knowing I wasn't stuck into any contract, after reading all the stuff on the Internet I found out they get a loan from career finance 4 trade skills I think it is? I had no idea this was the case so I emailed trades gateway and citizens advise and had no luck with a reply from trades gateway and yet to get any help from citizens advise apart from court stuff.

So I hope someone can help here in getting me off this course ! I have roughly paid £800 and done essentially a weeks worth of work if that.

Thanks for your time
    Tags: None

Re: Misleading Tradesgateway

Did you receive any copy of an agreement through the post from the finance company at all?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Nope I have a one off payment of £50 which was the deposit I have no contract or anything and that was from the advisor I didn't see him put my bank details on any other paper work for a loan either.
      Last edited by Murf02; 20th June 2015, 16:29:PM.

Comment

What will happen if I just cancel it through my bank

Comment

Then you will get the finance company chasing you for it and potentially bringing court proceedings against you in a few years time, as well as possibly having it added to your credit file as a late payment/defaulted debt. You need to cancel directly with the finance company too.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If you've not been served with notice of tie right to cancel, then the contract is unenforceable and your cooling off period continues to run (effectively).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X