• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Waiting for Atos PIP Assessment / Scared to Death / Don't know what to expect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waiting for Atos PIP Assessment / Scared to Death / Don't know what to expect

Hi
    Here is another great FB group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/4UP.HQ/

Would you G.P. write a letter saying you need a home visit?
    I would say it's paramount that you get someone to go with you/gie you a lift. They don't need to come into the assessment with you . Remember if having a shower is a real struggle, don't have one, do not be afraid to look rough, they need to see what you are like. You can record on a smart phone but you need to ask permission beforehand
    I had a visit at home and the person doing it lied, she could not get right what pills I took for what even though it was written down, she said that there was a half empty bottle of cider on the floor-I NEVER drink the stuff, I told her about one friend who popped round and that became many friends anyway its going to appeal.
    Has your G.P. done an supporting evidence , it may cost you but would be worth its weight in gold . If you get someone in to help you, could they write a letter? Do you have a consultant for your bi polar or other condition, can they help?

Remember think about how you are on a normal/bad day and not on a good day . Try not to stress, 4UP is very good, also do your local council have a welfare rights department ?

Comment

Re: Waiting for Atos PIP Assessment / Scared to Death / Don't know what to expect

We have heard all the horror stories about ATOS, but there are some decent examiners.
      My son had an ATOS examination a year ago that was carried out by a qualified female doctor.
      It was recorded (by prior arrangement with them)and was respectful and considerate.
      She saw my son was in pain, in spite of being under considerable medication, and actually cut the interview short.
      The report was correct and gave him the result that was needed.
      Like you he was extremely nervous and frightened, but in the end all was well.
      You might be fortunate and get a decent examiner.
      Be careful about recording without agreement. If you are caught they may immediately terminate that assessment.
      Telephone them to request a recorded assessment, which may or may not be available.

Comment

They will not let you record an assessment unless they agree to it and will stop the assessment if you record without their permission.Recording equipment has to be capable of recording two copies simultaneously and a copy has to be given to the HCP immediately after the assessment is over.If you wish to record your assessment the equipment can be requested but has to be asked for way in advance since they only have a ridiculously small amount of them anyone would think that the small amount was deliberate.

I always provide lots of copies of medical evidence and go into minute detail about my conditions and how they affect my ability to carry out tasks.The DM and HCP are looking for particular words never use "if" always use "when" tell them how your health is affect eg after having a shower are you in pain do you feel tired does having a shower stop you from say cooking a meal because you are so much pain?
        PIP and DLA are not awarded on what health conditions you have but on how your conditions affect your daily life.Be honest don't exaggerate they will know if you do.You need to build a picture for them give as much detail as possible even if you think something is irrelevant still tell them.

I am currently transferring to PIP from DLA indefinite award I have included 34 pages of evidence.I have shocked myself after reading through my paperwork I have 29 diagnosed conditions many of which are incurable and progressive.Although I have all those conditions it does not mean a guaranteed award unless I can explain how they impact on my abilities to carryout tasks.

I wish you all the best and please don't be scared.Tell the DWP that traveling to an assessment centre would be detrimental to your mental and physical health and ask for a home assessment try and get your GP to back you up.
        I note you are in the support group like myself this is a good thing because they will use your ESA report as supporting evidence for PIP.
        Last edited by silverback12345; 21st June 2015, 10:24:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X