• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - E.ON / E.ON - 17-6-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - E.ON / E.ON - 17-6-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 17-6-2015
    Amount approx: 1,335
    Claimant: E.ON
    Solicitor: E.ON Litigation Team
    Original Credit: E.ON

Particulars of Claim:
    The Claimants claim is for monies owed to the Claimant for electricity and/or gas supplied to the premises of the defendant. Pursuant of the terms of supply agreed and/or deemed by virtue of schedule 6 of the Electricity Act 1989 and/or schedule 2B of the Gas Act 1986 payment was due for energy supplied no later than 14 days after delivery of the Claimants invoice. The Defendant has failed to pay the invoices rendered. Energy/Invoices for (my address). Invoices rendered up to and including 30 December 2013 - 1,198.18 And the Claimant Claims 1,198.18and 137.06 interest payments at 8% per annum from date invoices became due to the date hereof and continuing at 0.26p per day until judgment or payment.

Stat Barred? No

Have sent:

Other Info:
    Circa October 2013 I switched Energy Supplier to EDF from E.ON. I was surprised that shortly after switching, 2 direct debits were made from my account by E.ON without any explanation or bill totalling circa £1,200. My Bank was able to reverse the transaction because I wanted an explanation before paying the monies. I was very suspicious because I had been paying regular monthly direct debit payments to E.ON every month.

After calling Customer Services, E.ON explained that they had looked at my account and said there had been a short fall in the energy I had used in 2013 compared to what I had paid and the additional money being charged was the balance. After explaining my surprise, E.ON put my additional energy consumption down to a colder than usual winter and we had used considerably more energy. I did not believe this fact and asked E.ON to provide me with 2 things:-

1) My energy usage since being an E.ON customer to see the spike in consumption
    2) A record of all payments to E.ON since Ive been a customer so I can see what I have been charged and compare this to previous payments because I believe E.ON have been trying to over-charge me for energy consumption.

I want this information so that I can either go to the Energy Ombudsman or pay whatever debt I owe now that I have the facts.

To date, I have never received any of this information.

I seem to be going around and around in circles with various people from E.ON who keep referring to letters that have sent me which I have not received threatening legal action.

I had a call with one of their legal team circa 6 weeks ago and re-explained the situation and what my expectations are. I told them I would pay whatever monies are owed to them but they needed to explain the massive charges because I believe I have been massively over charged. I asked them again to send me the information which they said they would do after they got very angry on the phone.

Nothing has been received apart from the N1CPC Claim form I have just received.

Having never been in this situation, I am unsure of what to do and a bit nervous. I do not want a CCJ but I also feel that if I pay the debt, I am allowing E.ON to a) potentially overcharge me which is wrong and b) bully me into the payment with a threat of a CCJ.
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - E.ON / E.ON - 17-6-2015

do you have your own record of meter readings?

Comment

I have a friend who also having similar problems after a change of supplier. Their's is not resolved yet but one of the problems is that the meter number that was used to generate the bill was incorrect. In effect he was paying for the consumption of another customer.

I note that Eon are billing you for the period to Dec 31st, past the date when you transferred the account.

Is it possible for EDF to give you the meter readings from the start of your transfer? This could be useful ammunition against Eon if they have inflated the readings or got them wrong. Can you get the bills from EDF? May have to download. This will give an indication of your actual energy consumption patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        do you have your own record of meter readings?
        Hi No I dont have the meter readings which is a pain. i dont suppose there is a way to look back and find them?

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for your feedback. I will speak to EDF today and see if I can get the info from them.

Do you know how I should respond to the N1CPC Claim Form? I think I only have 7 more days to respond. It is asking me to respond in a manor of ways. My feeling is to select the option that says I accept i need to pay something, just not the amount claimed.

Do you have a view on this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X