• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court claim by Cabot financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court claim by Cabot financial

Originally posted by Jeff-B View Post
    Received a letter today from Cabot saying they havnt got any documents within the time limit and they agree the credit agreement is unenforceable and judgements cannot be obtained against me unless they can find provide them

jeff
    They have been sending out those letters to a lot of people on here who have received claims from them. On other threads I suggested writing to the solicitors dealing with the claim, asking them to discontinue the claim in view of the fact that their own clients believe the debt is unenforceable and they are not permitted to obtain judgment in court (I think that's what all their template letters say), so as to save all parties involved further costs and hassle when fighting over a hopeless case, and attaching a copy of the Cabot letter. :thumb:

It is an abuse of process to pursue a case that has no prospect of success, and here the claimants are saying so themselves! :grin:

Comment

Re: Court claim by Cabot financial

Had a letter through today after a year of not hearing from them. they sent me a signed copy of my credit agreement and a list of payment dates. From what I can tell it was 5 years and 10 months between my last payment to them and the day they started proceedings against me, does this mean the debt is not statute barred and I have to pay them. Thanks in advance for reply
      Last edited by Jeff-B; 4th October 2016, 02:21:AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X