• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN - Civil Enforcement Ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN - Civil Enforcement Ltd

Hi All,

New to this site and would be grateful for some advice regarding a PCN that has been issued by CEL. I haven’t been in contact with CEL yet but I am wondering if I have a chance of winning an appeal against this company. The PCN issued has the wrong house number printed on it. I am guessing it is only because the local postie knows my name that it was posted through my door. If this hadn’t of happened I would be none the wiser to it.

Should I appeal or just ignore and pretend I haven’t received it?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: PCN - Civil Enforcement Ltd

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. The PCN is not compliant with PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 and as such i cannot be held liable for the actions of the driver.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Yours etc.

Sadly CEL are IPC members so popla is not available. They do have an appeal service "IAS" but it's about as honest as a politician with a moat. They usually say they have a reasonable belive the keeper was driving. In court however it would be different so they'd likely not venture there.

M1

Comment

That's great thank you for your help I shall get a letter typed up this morning and pop it in the post recorded delivery. I did presume I would have to go through the POPLA appeals process eventually at this site and others are littered with CEL/POPLA references. Can I just has something changed in recently? Are CEL no longer POPLA members?

Comment

And this is my letter to CEL is there anything else i should add and Is it also worth going back to the car today to take photographs of any signage?

[ADDRESS REMOVED]

20/06/2015
        Civil Enforcement Ltd
        Horton House
        Exchange flags
        Liverpool
        L2 3PF

Re: - PCN No [REMOVED]

Dear Sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver did not see any signs. In any event your charges are penal in nature and not a genuine pre estimate of loss. The PCN is not compliant with PoFA 2012 schedule 4 para 9 and as such I cannot be held liable for the actions of the driver.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

Yours Faithfully

[REMOVED]

Comment

Can I send my appeal by email?
          The appeals department does accept appeals via email: appeals@ce-service.co.uk

There are 2 accredited trade associations. BPA http://www.britishparking.co.uk/ whose appeal service is POPLA and IPC http://www.theipc.info/ whose appeal service is https://www.theias.org/ which is a pile of shite but 1 in 1790000000000000000000000000000 win. *approx

CEL moved from BPA to IPC.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X