• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone Nightmare

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone Nightmare

Hey Guys

I am writing in absolute disgust at the service provided to me and my mother by Vodafone. I've never really dealt with anything like this before, so was hoping to get some advice from you guys! I am writing with regard to a payment of £263.74 taken twice from my mother's bank account on 22 May 2015 for an outstanding bill of £263.74 on my account. Only the fact I have meticulously checked her bank account have I actually come across this payment.

On noticing this double payment, my initial action was to confirm with the bank payment had actually been taken twice; this has been confirmed by NatWest bank. Following this is where my nightmare with Vodafone begins.

My mother and I have made countless phone calls to Vodafone to try and resolve this issue, to no avail. My most recent phone call to Vodafone was over 1 hour long only to be told "it will be 3-5 working days" before the issue is even looked at. This is 4 weeks after the payment has left my bank, following numerous promises. In the meantime, Vodafone have "turned off" the phones due to an "outstanding bill" - fortunately they are now re-activated (after another 40 minute phone call)

We have also had various "Live chat's" with "representatives", who have made all sorts of promises ranging from "We will call you back within 24-48 hours" to "The money will be back in your account within 48 hours". I have chat transcript's showing all of this information. Not one of these various promises have been made yet!

As a bit of a background, we have 5 contract phone's with Vodafone, including mine and my mother's, my brother's, my father's and my grandad's. We have had these contracts for 5+ years, paying around £150-250 a month to Vodafone. Quick maths, over £10,000 to Vodafone!! My mother does not have a lot of money; she am currently on incapacity benefit for Schizophrenia and this whole incident is really starting to stress us both out an awful lot! This is particularly concerning given my mother's mental health issues! In the meantime, my mother has had no money to live off - I am also currently unemployed, waiting to start my new job in August; we're therefore, let's say, very pushed for cash!

I really feel disgusted by Vodafone's approach here and wonder what the best bet is for us to get the money back! I know if the tables were turned we'd have the bailiff's knocking on our door as we speak!! I also wondered whether we'd be able to cancel our contracts - to be honest, given the recent farce, this is not a company we want to be giving any more money to!

Any advice would be very much appreciated! If you need any more information at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Chris

Tags: None

Re: Vodafone Nightmare

I'll just nudge this for [MENTION=19723]Lee Vodafone Company Rep[/MENTION]; and hope he might be able to find someone with some common sense and customer service to actually get this sorted.

I have a feeling that vodafone have just lost themselves 5 customers.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I've been with vodafone for so long and have, for the most part, been happy with their service! But this latest situation and the whole approach to it is completely unacceptable!

Comment

As a Vodafone customer of 15 years or so I will vouch for lee the vodaphone rep. If he can fix it he will. Just a question, could you not have invoked the direct debit guarantee with the bank?

Comment

Let's hope Lee can help then! Fingers crossed!!! The payments are made by card payment every month x

Comment

Hiya,

just seen this post, i work in the mobile industry, right now I am not in the right place to be giving totally accurate information.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ing-goes-wrong
            this will help with claiming a refund,
            Extra protection with Section 75

Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, your credit card company is jointly liable if something goes wrong with a product or a service you've paid for by credit card.
            You can potentially claim for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the company from which you’ve bought your goods.
            This means your credit card company shares equal responsibility with the retailer or trader for the goods or service supplied, allowing you to put your claim to the credit card company.
            You don't have to reach stalemate with the retailer or trader before you can contact your credit card provider - you can make a claim to both the retailer and credit card provider simultaneously.
            Section 75 is particularly useful if the retailer or trader has gone bust, or you're getting no response to your letters or phone calls.

If I can can give me a little while to sort my head out, I will be eternally grateful!!

Comment

Hi Chris,

If you and your mother still need help with this, email me with your details via the Contact us form here.

To access the form, you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please state FAO Lee.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X