• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I've been driving for 6 years without a licence, unaware.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been driving for 6 years without a licence, unaware.

Two weeks ago I noticed that my driving license was due to expire on 29/06/2015. So I went on to the DVLA website to try and renew it, that failed and i tried again the next day, failed again.
    I then requested a D1 form to renew my driving license, which arrived in the post today. Today 18/06/2015.

I had some query about how to fill in the form so I called the DVLA. I was then informed that my license had been revoked in 2009.
    I was told by the DVLA, that because the offense is now over four years old, the records are not available,
    but they can make an educated guess (apparently 90% accurate) as to the date and type of offense, which was as follows.

Some time in the 12 months previous to the 16th march 2009 I was issued with a fixed penalty (best guess, speeding fine, DVLA).
    16th March 2009 - Taken to court for failing to send my license for endorsements.
    18th April 2009 - License revoked.

I then tried to phone the fixed penalty office for some hours no response.
    I called the magistrates court and the lady on the phone pulled up all my records for all the surrounding courts and the only court date in my name was from 2004, and unrelated matter.

I then phoned the county court and they also had no records of me ever attending court at all.

The DVLA claims that they sent me a driving license renewal form in April 2015, I did not receive it.
    The DVLA claims that they sent me a letter about my license being revoked in 2009 , I did not receive it.
    I did not receive any fixed penalty notice in 2009 or after.

In 2008 I was stopped by two police officers at the scene of a traffic accident, which I was not involved in, and chagred with a motoring offense that did not exist.
    I took the police to court and in 2009 I won the case.

In January 2009 I sold my car and I went to work in France, and only came back for my court date in 2009 and I took a bus and a train to the court.
    As noted previously the court has no record of this.

I do not know what else to do, I wish to find out why I received a fixed penalty and how my driving license became revoked as I have apparently not had a driving license for the last six years, and I did not know about it.
    I also need to find out how come the courts have no record of me ever attending?
    Tags: None

Re: I've been driving for 6 years without a licence, unaware.

Best to move on - just renew your licence. It should be clean with no points.

BTW . It happened to me 2008 speeding fine - I moved 4 times that year - never got paperwork.

Last year I thought I would do a check on it on the DVLA site to find it revoked. Spent far too many hours trying to find out what happened.

Don't waste too much time on it.

Comment

Re: I've been driving for 6 years without a licence, unaware.

I found out some more information, basically the fixed penalty office issued me with a speeding fine in Aug 08, which I payed and had the points added to my license, I then lost my license and counterpart, I applied for a new one in November 2008, which did not have the fixed penalty from aug 2008, then the fixed penalty office issued an update in February 2009 to the dvla and for some reason the DVLA requested my license and I never got the letter then because I did not send my license to be updated(it already had) they revoked my license, again I didn't get the letter, I have not changed my registered address for 30 years.

The reason I know this is because I found my old license and my newer one.

So basically the FPO notified the Court, the court notified the dvla to revoke my license.

The court has no record of this and the FPO never answer the phone, time to take them to court.
      Last edited by ninja1; 18th June 2015, 17:07:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X