• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Passport Services Scam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Passport Services Scam?

Today I was renewing my passport and accidentally clicked on UKpassportservices, after filling out my form and signing a contract online, I then realised I had made a mistake after reading the emails I was sent by this company. I cancelled my appointment within a few hours signing the contract but I am still being charged with the fee because I agreed and singed the contract which means I "waive my 14 day cooling off period". They do not have my banking details but do have my home address, email and phone number. I am just a student and I do not earn enough to be able to pay this ridiculous fee on top of the actual cost of renewing my passport. Please could I have some advice on how to deal with this?
    Tags: None

Re: UK Passport Services Scam?

Hi jheels, do not worry you are not alone. Please read here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ues-DISCUSSION

There's a lot to read but trust me by the time you are done it will put your mind at rest.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Yes that has helped a lot with the stress this has caused. So would you recommend the best advice is to just ignore them?

Comment

Is it also worth mentioning that I used this service on my smartphone and as a result did not see the details showing how their services differ from HMPO

Comment

Originally posted by jheels View Post
          Yes that has helped a lot with the stress this has caused. So would you recommend the best advice is to just ignore them?
          I think it would be best to complain. As futile as it might be it would be an advantage to demonstrate to the court that you disputed it from the outset.

Comment

Thanks for sending over the emails xxx I'll sort out a thread and the relevant access for you. We should write to them to try and stop them bugging you xxx WIll help you draft something.

I'd recommend ignoring them completely for the moment - but keep records of everything - just in case he goes to court action with it. If he does, we'll help you all we can.

Sharon
            xx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ok, how would I go about complaining? Will there be a link on their website?

Comment

I've set up a thread for you in http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...sport-Services - I'm just going to paste your emails on to there and we will work on a letter - to post to them. Don't contact them through their website or by phone etc - only encourages them.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That's fantastic, thank you so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    I've set up a thread for you in http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...sport-Services - I'm just going to paste your emails on to there and we will work on a letter - to post to them. Don't contact them through their website or by phone etc - only encourages them.
                    I still don't have access to the thread could you solve this please?

Comment

That link takes you to the VIP passport forum this is the actual thread ... http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...7-jheels-v-BPS
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X