• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Natwest

Wow FlamingParrot, you as well...maybe I'll get lucky and they'll slither off without a word for the foreseeable future

Comment

Hi
      remember that is all they can do. Of course you can send letters telling them to stop calling you or even a letter stating you have sent a coca request to Natwest. If you send non critical letters I usually send them 2nd class with a free proof of posting. Something else I do is have an email address specifically for my creditors set up requesting read receipts.
      Some people disagree with email however it works for me. I always state that a hard copy is in the post and the email address is not for communication.

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
        Hi
        remember that is all they can do. Of course you can send letters telling them to stop calling you or even a letter stating you have sent a coca request to Natwest. If you send non critical letters I usually send them 2nd class with a free proof of posting. Something else I do is have an email address specifically for my creditors set up requesting read receipts.
        Some people disagree with email however it works for me
        . I always state that a hard copy is in the post and the email address is not for communication.
        It all depends on the circumstances and who you are dealing with. Banks and debt purchasers like Arrow, 1st Crud, etc. don't use email but payday lenders do use it a lot.

An official document such as a CCA request a SAR or a CPR request should always be sent by post and recorded delivery. :typing:

Other communications can be less formal. You can still send a proper letter by email, i.e. a word document or PDF properly headed and addressed as if it was sent by post, as an attachment, as opposed to just text on the body of the email. I got a number of threat-o-grams sent to me in this way, some also saying that a copy was in the post (but there wasn't one). I also replied to such letters in the same manner, i.e. attaching a proper letter to the email.

Comment

So love you LB's, your advice and guidance makes being here feel less guilty about my debts and gives me real hope for my financially depleted future (whatever that holds). Have a lovely weekend all and I promise to keep you updated. R.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            So love you LB's, your advice and guidance makes being here feel less guilty about my debts and gives me real hope for my financially depleted future (whatever that holds). Have a lovely weekend all and I promise to keep you updated. R.
            Would love to have heard how Radar got on with Natwest/Westcot especially as I received a letter from Natwest last month stating that Westcot would now be managing the account, although the payments have still to be remitted to Natwest for this old credit card debt.

I pay Natwest £1 per month, the o/s debt is around £8k, I've been making the token payments for over 10 years - looks like Natwest have finally got sick of me!

Comment

Hi Helena, hi everyone.

How strange...I opened a letter from NatWest this morning re my credit card and guess what? The letters subject line says 'Changes to the ongoing management of your repayment plan' followed by: 'We're writing to advise you that we have partnered with Westcot (their spelling) Credit Services Limited who will now manage the remainder of your plan'.

It says to continue making payments to them and that they will be in touch within 14 days they even provided a number saying I can contact them if my present circumstances change.
              From past advice given on LB's, I will definitely not be calling them. Just going to wait and see what the letter says when it arrives.

My original post was to do with my NatWest personal loan which was taken over and is now paid directly to Wescot. So it seems the minimum payments I have been making to NatWest on my credit card account has made them decide to pass me on also.

R.
              Last edited by Radar; 5th July 2016, 11:53:AM. Reason: Spacing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X