• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

court claim from MKDP. Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court claim from MKDP. Help needed

Hi all, I'm new to the site and in need of a bit of help.
    Yesterday I received a claim form with this POC:

The claimant claims the sum of £2,068.86 being monies due from the defendant(s) to HSBC bank plc under a bank account facility regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 and assigned to the claimant on 08/12/2011.
    The defendants(s) account number was xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx. It was a term of the bank account that any debit balance would be repayable in full on demand. The defendant(s) has failed to make payment as required by the demand for payment sent by HSBC bank plc. The claimant claims the sum of 2,068.86 and costs. The claimant has complied, as far as is necessary, with the pre-action conduct practice direction.

I have returned the acknowledgement of service and was thinking that my next step would be to send a CPR 31.14 AND CPR 31.15, though thinking about it now I'm not sure what documents I would be asking them to provide.

Can anyone put me on the right path? Thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: court claim from MKDP. Help needed

Originally posted by jansyner View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to the site and in need of a bit of help.
    Yesterday I received a claim form with this POC:

The claimant claims the sum of £2,068.86 being monies due from the defendant(s) to HSBC bank plc under a bank account facility regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 and assigned to the claimant on 08/12/2011.
    The defendants(s) account number was xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx. It was a term of the bank account that any debit balance would be repayable in full on demand. The defendant(s) has failed to make payment as required by the demand for payment sent by HSBC bank plc. The claimant claims the sum of 2,068.86 and costs. The claimant has complied, as far as is necessary, with the pre-action conduct practice direction.

I have returned the acknowledgement of service and was thinking that my next step would be to send a CPR 31.14 AND CPR 31.15, though thinking about it now I'm not sure what documents I would be asking them to provide.

Can anyone put me on the right path? Thanks in advance.
    Hi Welcome to LB,

This being a bank account/overdraft there is no " credit agreement " such as you would
    have with a credit card or loan.

The documents in the POC appear to be " The Demand For Payment" and an Assignment Notice is implied so request that. via CPR31.14

Some history please: When did you open the account?
    Do you know the date the " Demand for repayment in full " was issued?

Have you at any point since that demand was made paid any party any amount
    in relation to the account?

Have you made any written acknowledgment of the debt since the demand was made?

Is MKDP using a solicitor?

Was there any valid dispute regarding the alleged debt before the Final Demand was made?

nem

Comment

Nem. Thanks for your reply.
      I'm unsure as to when the account was opened, though it would be around 6/7 years ago.
      I also don't know when the demand for payment in full was issued as I have ignored all correspondence. I have paid no monies and have not acknowledged the debt in any way.
      There is no mention of MKDP using a solicitor.
      And finally no there was no valid dispute.

Should I go ahead with the CPR and await reply? Or is there more I could be doing?

Comment

Originally posted by jansyner View Post
        Should I go ahead with the CPR and await reply? Or is there more I could be doing?
        Further replies on this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...498#post554498

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X