• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

injury

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injury

first time poster. i had a fall in the street and injured my right foot after hospital treatment i was sent home but my injury has not got any better, 3 months after my first injury i was coming down my stairs and my right foot gave way on me through the same injury can i make a claim for both my injurys as the second one was more severe
    Tags: None

Re: injury

ooh.
    It is very sad that you get injury on both the foot.
    Take rest. And be careful when you going up and doing by stairs.

Comment

Unfortunate set of circumstances.
      Can you advise why you fell in the street, who you hold responsible and have you made a claim?
      Regarding the injury itself, what damage did you do to your foot?

Regarding the second fall, what exactly happened? What did you injure? What damage was done? Did you need hospital treatment?

Comment

hi des 8, i fell over a raised kerb stone on the pavement and i hold the local council at fault i have not made a claim at this time due to a family members illness; i have done some damage to the bottom of my right foot and there is also a clicking noise and constant pain from the bone at my big toe, the second incident happened as i was coming down the stairs in my home i got a shotting pain in the bottom of my foot and it gave way and i fell down the stairs injuring my tailbone and the bottom of my back i was kept in the hospital for 5 days and got 2 mri scans and some dye put into one there was some ware and tare as they put it ,i also suffered some fetal incontanence for about a week and it still happens on occasions

Comment

If your pavement fall was due to a poorly maintained pavement then you may have a right to make a pavement claim and file for compensation. Once you have decided to make a claim and state the reason why you tripped on the pavement was due to bad maintenance, you should nonetheless be aware that a tight and thorough investigation would then be put into effect.
          If that claim is successful, you may then be in a position to make a further claim for the subsequent injury.
          Have you photographs of the original trip site showing (include a measure) the raised kerb stone?
          I would suggest you contact a solicitor (no win no fee) to discuss this initially with a view to appointing him?
          Presumably you are still receiving treatment for your injuries, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Comment

thanks DES8, i have been informed by the local shopkeeper that the kerb stone i was injured on has been like that for 1 year without ever being repaired and that someone else has been injured through this. do you know anything about causation des8 ,if first injury never happened then the second might not have occurd

Comment

I think this is what Des8 was saying. Can you get a picture of the kerb stone you tripped over with measurements of it? If it was poorly maintained then you would have a right to claim. If that claim is successful you would then be able to show that your subsequent injury down the stairs was caused due to the damage from the 1st injury with the kerb stone and be able to claim accordingly.

Comment

Whilst I don't disagree with des8 or DirtySmurf (where on earth did that username come from - it conjures visions that are not entirely welcome :tinysmile_twink_t2 there will be an evidential mountain to climb, with which the shopkeeper may assist, in proving now that the pavement was in the same as current state if you are only starting to gather evidence.

With respect to causation, you would require expert medical evidence that the second injury would not have occurred but for the first.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                  (where on earth did that username come from - it conjures visions that are not entirely welcome :tinysmile_twink_t2.
                  Don't ask lol its an old nickname from many many years ago that has stuck with me ever since

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X