• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK Limited / Vanquis - 21-5-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Cabot Financial UK Limited / Vanquis - 21-5-2015

Hi,

Sorry I havnt responded in a few weeks.

I filed my defence on time and it has been registered as received.
    Regarding the extension, I never received any notification at all.

However I have recently received the attached letter offering me an out of court payment plan.
    I reckon this is a last ditch attempt at trying to get me to admit the claim so they can go ahead with the CCJ anyway. :badidea:

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lord_elven View Post
      Hi,

Sorry I havnt responded in a few weeks.

I filed my defence on time and it has been registered as received.
      Regarding the extension, I never received any notification at all.

However I have recently received the attached letter offering me an out of court payment plan.
      I reckon this is a last ditch attempt at trying to get me to admit the claim so they can go ahead with the CCJ anyway. :badidea:

Thoughts?
      It would seem not they are offering an out of court settlement so no judgement.!

Have you received the CCA??

nem

Comment

Thoughts?
        Not quite, a settlement is not the same as an admission. If you receive a claim and file an admission asking for time to pay, then the claimant can request judgment, an admission is the civil equivalent of 'pleading guilty' in criminal proceedings, the claim is undisputed so the claimant wins without the need for a hearing.

In this case they are suggesting settling the claim before there is a hearing, which could be done via a Tomlin order which would stay the proceedings as long as you keep to the terms of it (the agreed instalments). It's only worth looking into if you feel your defence is weak.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for your replies.

I havn't received any paperwork other than their responses and this latest letter offering settlement.
          At this moment in time I am confident that I have a strong defence since they have not proved nor provided proof by way of the documents requested.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for your replies.

I havn't received any paperwork other than their responses and this latest letter offering settlement.
            At this moment in time I am confident that I have a strong defence since they have not proved nor provided proof by way of the documents requested.
            That may well be the reason behind their offer, if they had them they'd have sent them to you. They obviously don't feel confident to be able to obtain them. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

So in light of this, I'm just going to sit tight and wait a few more weeks - logging into the MCOL site regulary to keep an eye.
              If this becomes the status quo, what will happen next?

Comment

So in light of this, I'm just going to sit tight and wait a few more weeks - logging into the MCOL site regulary to keep an eye.
                If this becomes the status quo, what will happen next?
                Have you received notice from them or the court that they intend to proceed with the claim? They need to respond to your defence within 28 days or the case will be stayed, but that happens automatically and you won't be informed. If they decide to proceed you'll receive the N180 small claims directions questionnaire to fill in and return. After that the court gives directions to supply you with the documents at least 14 days before the hearing. :thumb:

Comment

Nothing received as yet so heres to hoping it stays that way and the claim get stayed. :bounce:

Comment

Hey,

I received a letter from their solicitors stating they intend to proceed. I don't see how they can without any documents to back this up??

And this morning I received a letter from the court stating that it will go down the small claims track.
                    The questionnaire is a bit thin on the ground however I guess I just fill it in and send back as directed...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey,

I received a letter from their solicitors stating they intend to proceed. I don't see how they can without any documents to back this up??

And this morning I received a letter from the court stating that it will go down the small claims track.
                      The questionnaire is a bit thin on the ground however I guess I just fill it in and send back as directed...
                      Any claim under £10K usually is allocated to the SCT, you are correct complete and return.

nem

Comment

Hey,

So after a few Months I received a letter today stating they are Discontinuing my case.

So Job done

Thanks for your advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X