• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Magistrates court summons section 144A(1) but car was sornd over phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magistrates court summons section 144A(1) but car was sornd over phone

Just received a letter from Swansea magistrates court to appear 22/6/2015, how can this be as insurance had ran out, I called them and I paid fine on 19th January over the phone and requested Sorn for the car at same time, the car was moved to and parked on a private drive the same day. But there is no mention on the summons that is was sorn'd on the 19th January, what can I do.
    Tags: None

Re: Magistrates court summons section 144A(1) but car was sornd over phone

Does it state on the Court Summons what date the alleged offence was caused on?

Comment

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong thread but I have a similar situation, I have been called up for a court summons by the DVLA.

My previous boyfriend had a car which he had bought in my name with the intention of teaching me to drive in it however this never happened, he drove the car all the time and to cut a long story short the relationship failed and he left, leaving the car stuck on my drive.

I got a few letters through about tax/SORN and insurance stuff but as I wasnt driving it due to having no licence I ignored them all.

Eventually the car was scrapped and delcared no longer mine however after having done that I recieved a fine for the tax sorn stuff and because I cant remember what date i got it scraped and have no proof they have sent me a £3200 court summons for four weeks time!

Please help, I really cant afford that kind of money at all and have no idea what to do, anyone got any ideas!?
      Last edited by Amethyst; 13th October 2016, 16:07:PM. Reason: link removed - dodgy number site

Comment

You really need to speak to the DVLA ( direct, not via any third party dodgy number website - I have removed the link on your post ) DVLA vehicle tax enquiries
        Telephone: 0300 790 6802

and speak to whoever you sold/gave the car to to be scrapped - they normally need the V5 to scrap a vehicle and you should have had a bit to send off at the time? So you need a receipt or something from them about the car being scrapped.
        Ignoring letters about these things is only ever going to end up in court.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X