• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil enforcement Ltd Help - WON

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil enforcement Ltd Help - WON

Hi,

I received parking charge notice letter on 06/05/2015 from civil enforcement ltd. I was parked at a retail car park. The incident took place on 16/04/2015 as I overstayed by maximum 4 hour free parking. I was working at one of the ''retail shop'' so contacted my manager who told me to ignore the letter. I responded to the email the same day that I have spoken to my employer about this and stating that I was working at one of there. Civil enforcement responded with rejection letter on 07/05/2015 saying they have no records of my exemption and issued a popla code. I spoke to the manager again who said they will contact the parking agency.

I wrote an email on 15/05/2015 saying ::
    ------------- ------------ ----------------- ------------

This is my second email after our second telephone conversation. As stated in my email and the previous conversation I've had earlier that I was working for ''retail shop'' at ""retail park"" when the incident occurred. I was told to speak to my employer about this which I did who said I wouldn't need to pay. The assistant manager had emailed you that I'm a employee entitled to parking exemption like every other staff member however, the rejection letter sent on 07/05/2015 states that there is no record. I have requested another assistant manager/store manager to query this and send a new e-mail as the telephone appeals enquiries is always busy when we try to get through.

I'm not sure what evidence do you want me/employer to produce as an exemption? I'm happy to give you my staff number if needed for you to check with my employer. I hope this email clearly states why I had gone over the maximum permitted allowance of 4 hours and why I think it should be exempted. Please contact me if you need any further information or are still unclear about anything.
    ------------------ ----------------- ------------------- ----------------

They responded on 29/05/2015 rejecting the appeal again saying the same thing but also adding that store manager has no authority to cancel the fine. I've been told to appeal through popla with the code issued in previous letter.

I'm really stressed on what to do now as I've got exams coming up and I genuinely feel that I haven't done anything wrong. The only reasons I can think that I was issued the ticket was that my reg number was not on the system at that time (my employer has updated that now) I have moved to a different store now though.

With further more research, I figured the pcn code is incorrectly issued (ref popla code checker)

Code summary
    Issuing operator: 198
    Date code generated: Sun Apr 05 2015
    Code sequence number: 503

Deadline information
    You have missed the deadline to appeal!
    Your deadline was on the Sun May 03 2015
    Your deadline passed 28 day(s) ago

Grounds for complaint
    This code was generated 32 day(s) before the date of your appeal rejection letter. This means that you have not been given the full 28 days to appeal that you are entitled to under the British Parking Association's Code of Practice. Please consider making a complaint.

Would appreciate any kind of advice

Many Thanks
    Last edited by 20792; 31st May 2015, 18:01:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Civil enforcement Ltd Help

Can you post the signs and notices suitably sanitised please.

M1

Comment

Hi mystery1,

I have searched the internet and checked if I could find any signage but couldn't find any images. I have uploaded all the three letters with the shopping site details. I can take pics of signage tomorrow.
      Attached Files

Comment

They failed on keeper liability so you would have won had they not known who was driving

Might still win at popla on other arguments but we'll see what the signs say first.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          They failed on keeper liability so you would have won had they not known who was driving

Might still win at popla on other arguments but we'll see what the signs say first.

M1
          The signs did say max 4 hours limit but I'll post pics tomorrow.
          I'm just panicking as I don't want the 28 validity to expire.

Thanks for your help

Comment

M1
            Hi

I've uploaded the pics. Sorry for the delay just finished work.
            Attached Files

Comment

When do you have to appeal by ?

M1

Comment

When do you have to appeal by ?

M1
                They haven't mentioned any dates but I guess it'll be Thursday 04/06/2015 since my rejection letter was on 07/05/2015

Comment

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

M1

Comment

I tried that however it said code was expired.

Code summary
                    Issuing operator: 198
                    Date code generated: Sun Apr 05 2015
                    Code sequence number: 503

Deadline information
                    You have missed the deadline to appeal!
                    Your deadline was on the Sun May 03 2015
                    Your deadline passed 28 day(s) ago

Grounds for complaint
                    This code was generated 32 day(s) before the date of your appeal rejection letter. This means that you have not been given the full 28 days to appeal that you are entitled to under the British Parking Association's Code of Practice. Please consider making a complaint.

Comment

In that case you can't appeal to popla, yet.

You need to chase CEL and Popla and report it to the BPA.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/complaints/

M1

Comment

In that case you can't appeal to popla, yet.

You need to chase CEL and Popla and report it to the BPA.

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/complaints/

M1
                        So would the code be expired even though its before the 28 days validity? Also the last letter I received said that I could appeal to popla?

Comment

The could should be set up properly but it appears it is not. Check with popla.

M1

Comment

The could should be set up properly but it appears it is not. Check with popla.

M1

Just checked again, it is on Thursday.

Code summary

Issuing operator: 141
                            Date code generated: Thu May 07 2015
                            Code sequence number: 513

Deadline information
                            Your appeal deadline is Thu Jun 04 2015
                            You have 3 day(s) remaining for your appeal to reach POPLA
                            Last edited by 20792; 1st June 2015, 23:15:PM.

Comment

I'll do my best to be quick but it might be Thursday evening depending how work goes.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X