• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds Bank charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lloyds Bank charges

Originally posted by EXC View Post
    Ok, a few more questions:

Do you know when you last credited the account?

Are Lowells saying that £745 is made up of the outstanding balance on the account?

Did the claim you made go to a hearing?

Do you have the statements that cover the period since you tried to claim in 08/09?
    Hi there,

I'm not sure if you saw the details I posted in response to this. Do you have any further advice please?

thanks

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] would be best to advise, I've given them a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        @nemesis45 and @Amethyst would be best to advise, I've given them a shout.
        Thats very kind of you.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello Janey,

You are being chased for an alleged debt for £744.00 + Costs and interest which originates
          from the account on which you attempted to reclaim charges on, case stayed until after the
          OFT test case on bank charge, IF this relates to the same account it would I think be statute
          barred.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Hello Janey,

You are being chased for an alleged debt for £744.00 + Costs and interest which originates
            from the account on which you attempted to reclaim charges on, case stayed until after the
            OFT test case on bank charge, IF this relates to the same account it would I think be statute
            barred.

nem
            Yes, that is correct. I have only ever held one Lloyds account. It is the same account I attempted to reclaim charges on. If it is statute barred what response should I send back on the county court form?

thank you

Comment

Yes complete and send all the forms to the court otherwise it's possible that
              the claimant could sneak in a judgement by default.

Statute Barred is a complete defence.

Statute Barred in England and Wales = No payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment
              of the alleged debt in 6 clear years (5 in Scotland).

Lloyds as we have seen in recent times has had " problems " with it's paperwork and records, and when
              the various " mergers" took place it just got worse.

Once you have returned the court forms come back here and we'll work on what can/needs to be done next.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Yes complete and send all the forms to the court otherwise it's possible that
                the claimant could sneak in a judgement by default.

Statute Barred is a complete defence.

Statute Barred in England and Wales = No payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment
                of the alleged debt in 6 clear years (5 in Scotland).

Lloyds as we have seen in recent times has had " problems " with it's paperwork and records, and when
                the various " mergers" took place it just got worse.

Once you have returned the court forms come back here and we'll work on what can/needs to be done next.

nem
                Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X