• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio 1 / 02 - 24-4-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio 1 / 02 - 24-4-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 24-4-2015
    Amount approx: £510
    Claimant: Lowell Portfolio 1
    Solicitor: Bryan Carter
    Original Credit: 02

Particulars of Claim:
    This claim is for £394.52, the amount due under an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide finance and/or services and/or goods.
    This debt was assigned to/purchased by Lowell Portfolio I Ltd,
    on 05/07/2010 and notice served pursuant to the law of property act 1925

Particulars
    RE-02 (UK) ltd
    A/c No. **********,

and the claimant claims 394.52

The claimant also claims statutory interest pursuant to S.69 of the county act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum.
    From the date of assignment of the agreement to date but limited to a maximum of one year and a maximum of 1000 amounting to 31.57

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    This was an 02 mobile contract that was taken out in 2008 after I had called 02 customer services to specifically ask them if the phone would work in North Wales as I was working in that region at the time and could never get a signal. Their response was sure the phone will work as they have the biggest network, so I took the phone and within a week I was back on the phone to 02 and it was only after badgering them for days that I finally got a response to say they did not have a mast in North Wales at that time so the phone would be intermittent at best. I then said I no longer wanted the phone as it was not fit for purpose and I was told I would have to pay the full contract amount to be released from the "contract".
    I have to date never acknowledged this debt nor made a single penny in payments as it was disputed and never dealt with satisfactorily.
    Then I get a court claim in Northampton Business centre from Bryan Carter so I checked around the various forums and was advised by a charity organisation to submit CPR.31.14 which I did and received a response from both Carter and Lowell stating they did not keep such documents and that I should refer to my own documentation. I was also advised to lodge a defense of statute barred and await the next step. Well I'm now getting extremely nervous as I have this morning received a court allocation questionnaire and I'm presuming given the fact Lowell and Carter were made aware of my defense that I have made an error in making this a statute barred defense because they are continuing with the claim??
    Please help if you are able as I have just managed to claw my way back to getting a half decent credit score and this will put me back at the bottom and I really feel I do not owe them anything at all....

Many Thanks
    Coburg
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X