• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas Warrant To Change My Meter Even Though I Am Paying My Bill!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Gas Warrant To Change My Meter Even Though I Am Paying My Bill!

Hi folks it's been a long time since I was on this forum (2009) but now I have a problem that I am very angry about.. British Gas!
    I came home today from my daughters wedding in London to be greeted with a letter from British Gas saying they are going to install a pre-paid meter tomorrow (27/05/2015) whether I am home or not! How?!!

I have a history with these guys that goes back to 2011 when I decided to pay my bill by Standing Order. £50 per month which is still being paid today. I have a smart meter which shows that I use approx £32 per month electricity. This has been confirmed by a British Gas agent when he phoned me to offer a payment of £46 per month as it was less than I was paying and would be secured? My bill before they sent out their bogus house visitors was £72 which was also made up of the 'bogus home visitor' cost approx £50. They have taken me to court three times of which I attended and finally got an audience with the Magistrates on the third visit. They could not understand why I was in court until I told them the method of paying my bill.. British Gas do not recognise Standing Orders but still accept payments. Eh?!!

The Magistrates ordered British Gas to show my actual bills without the added 'charges'. This has not happened.

There has been a lot going on, many telephone conversations with very unprofessional call agents, loads of letters with veiled threats all because I want to pay my bill my way!

I missed the court date this time because family came first and I had to be in London so now they are threatening me with warrant of entry when I am at work.

What can I do? Incidently, I have tried to leave british gas five times!

I would love to take them to court for harassment. has anyone got any ideas please?
    Tags: None

Re: British Gas Warrant To Change My Meter Even Though I Am Paying My Bill!

file a claim for harassment - Different circumstance but take a look at the Ferguson v british gas trading limited case (Ferguson won) - http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2009/46.html
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Thank you Teaboy2. I have read the article with great interest and although the case in question is after the event a lot is relevant to me and therefore very useful. I am not going to let this harrassment go.

My only immediate problem is the heavy mob tomorrow. We shall see.

Comment

Unfortunately to avoid being arrested you will have to allow them in.

Don't worry, once you take them to court and everything comes to light, they will have to remove the pre-pay meter, compensate you and repair any damage to the property (even the screw and drill holes in the wall) caused as a result of installing the meter. However, once its installed, stop the standing order payments!
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Thank you Teaboy2. I suppose I will take the day off as the letter did not say when they would come. Interstingly, when I first moved into th house many years ago I requested a pre-pay meter but they could not fit as I did not have a back board for the wall? This is still is not done so we shall see what they can do..

Comment

Originally posted by LeMack View Post
            Thank you Teaboy2. I suppose I will take the day off as the letter did not say when they would come. Interstingly, when I first moved into th house many years ago I requested a pre-pay meter but they could not fit as I did not have a back board for the wall? This is still is not done so we shall see what they can do..
            They'll probably bring one with them - If not then that be unfortunate for them now lol - Plus it would give you time to issue your court claim against them which will possibly result in them putting enforcement action on the back burner.

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
              They'll probably bring one with them - If not then that be unfortunate for them now lol - Plus it would give you time to issue your court claim against them which will possibly result in them putting enforcement action on the back burner.
              Well I shall not help them. They can get on with it all the more ammo for my claim.

Comment

How did this pan out, LeMack?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X