• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell / orange - 15-5-2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - Lowell / orange - 15-5-2015

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 15-5-2015
    Amount approx: £1876.79
    Claimant: Lowell
    Solicitor: Brian Carter
    Original Credit: orange

Particulars of Claim:
    The claim is for £1876.69 and the debt was assignedon 20/12/2013

Stat Barred? No

Have sent:

Other Info:
    Please help fast. I,m very worried
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - Lowell / orange - 15-5-2015

I do not know what to do. can someone help me?

Comment

Hi Pendaz

Okay try not to worry, these things are sort outable one way or the other.

First question, is what you have typed out as the Particulars of claim the entire text in the particulars of claim box on the claim form ?

Sharon

xxx
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Once we know that bit about the Particulars (as those are very very poor) First thing you need to do is sign up on the Moneyclaim online website - www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - there's some help here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...313#post499313 with getting that sorted out.

1: ACKNOWLEDGE THE CLAIM - you can do this online usually at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
        You'll need your claim reference and password from the front of the claim form - this will extend the time you have to respond to the claim to 28 days from when you received it

Do you know much about the debt ? When was the last time you made a payment towards it or spoke to any Debt company about it ?

You can write to Bryan Carter / Lowell and ask them to evidence the debt but if the particulars are that miniscule then we'll need to be ticking them off about that too.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

2nd Question and some others.

Can you give us some history of the debt please?

Date the Orange Account was opened?
          Date when a default was registered ( Have you checked your credit reference file for this debt? Noddle is a free service online)
          When was the last time any payment was made to the account.
          nem

Comment

This claim is for 1876.69,the amount due under an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide finance and / or goods.
            the debt was assigned to / purchased by Lowell portfollio 1 Ltd on 20/12/2013 and notice was served pursuant to the law of propertey act 1925

Particulars
            RE - Orange

And the claimant claims 1876.69

- - - Updated - - -

The above is as it is on the form!

Comment

Hi pendaz,
              Can you answer the questions in post #5 please.

nem

Comment

The Orange account was opened in 2010
                Default registered 10/10/2012
                i carnt remember last payment to orange or agency

Comment

is anyone available to help?

Comment

Please be patient all who advise here are volunteers and cannot be available all the time.

I inquired to find out if the debt could be statute barred from court action, but clearly it is not.
                    I presume this is your account?
                    Why did payments cease?
                    Is there a dispute regarding the amount claimed?

nem

Comment

You sound like you are having a panic - try to take a step back and look at it objectively. You have to look at it as a process, the claimant will need to evidence that you owe the debt, they may be able to do so, or they may not - if they can then you will need to negotiate an offer to pay in affordable installments, sometimes you can do this without getting the CCJ against you, if you are on a very low income then it is more likely payments would be set by the court - but they would look at your income and expenditure first.

You need to acknowledge the claim firstly, and put that you intend to defend (as per my previous post) .... let us know when you have done that and we'll help you write a letter to the claimant to ask them to evidence the debt.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi All i have sent my reply to court saying i wish to defend. Can you advise on what next. Please Amythist do you have a template for carters saying to prove the debt and lowells

Comment

Any advice on above post please.

Comment

Originally posted by pendaz View Post
                            Any advice on above post please.
                            Hi

Have you followed the advice that Amethyst gave you?,

nem

Comment

I have defended through the court. now I need template letter asking them to prove I owe the debt.
                              Please can you help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X