• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trains fiasco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trains fiasco

My son phoned me a few weeks ago and asked if I would book his train tickets to come home for easter. So as I have done this so often I thought get it done nice and early and its really cheap. I went online to East Midlands trains website and entered all of the details. Minutes later a confirmation E-mail arrived and I thought that's it all done and only cost me £18 for a return ticket. The tickets hadn't arrived at his place by Thursday and the journey was booked for saturday. On to the phone I went, calling their premium rate number, hanging on until my credit had ran out, topped my phone up, tried again and eventually all was sorted, the tickets will be re-issued and my son will recieve them the next day, first class post. Next day no tickets! my son is calling me again, so back on to my phone and I am told that the tickets were sent but if they don't arrive by tomorrow my son can collect replacement tickets from the station on saturday. No tickets in the post again, so off son goes to collect the tickets and is told he can't have them unless he produces the debit card that paid for them. He phones me, I get back on the phone (premium rate again) only 10 minutes untill the train is leaving the station, so my son has to buy new tickets to the cost of £35. What the f*** is up with this country. The phone calls I made were all answered by women in either India of Pakistan! Why? I am so p!ssed off with the stupidity and idiotic systems this country is adopting. Why can't anybody get things right for a change.
    Now I have the office address of the manager of East Midlands trains. I will be demanding a full refund, my phone charges and an apology for all of the time and effort I have wasted chasing up tickets that they should have issued a few weeks ago. The worst thing in all of this was the stress. I managed to go into an epileptic seizure and my wife had to administer a drug to bring me out of it.

Thanks for any imput,
    Hod..Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Re: Trains fiasco

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and they reckon we should use trains more - its so bloomin difficult. I gave up on the prebooking malarky as they wouldnt allow someone else to pay for the tickets, and paid cash on the day at a hugely inflated price.

I agree completely with what you are doing asking for a refund of ticket and phone charges. If your son had had no money it would have been game over and a ruined weekend.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I got a letter on saturday offering me the £35 which my son had paid for his ticket. I phoned them up and asked for compensation for my time and for the numerous phone calls I had to make to their overseas, premium rate phone line. They said no so I had a little rant and said stick the cheque where the sun don't shine as I am going through the small claims court.
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Good on you. I used to work for them when they were Midland Mainline. The onboard staff will (and regularly do) turn a blind eye if they think someone is genuine. They treat their staff and customers like dirt so I hope you succeed inwhooping their proverbial asses.

Comment

Go for it Happs xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X