• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

judgment for claim (in default) for over staying a 2 hour free carpark (parking eye)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• judgment for claim (in default) for over staying a 2 hour free carpark (parking eye)

now received judgment for claim (in default) demanding £185.00, all prior letters up to this point I ignored, upon the research i did and advice that had been given etc

scenario
    December 2014 christmass shoping with family to Swansea morfa shoping park who even claim free parking on their web site http://www.morfashoppingpark.com/ << fails to state the 2 hour limit
    and yes we spent a couple of hundred pounds there between all the stores, infact there would be no other reason to park at this location
    we arrived at the car park at 16:45 hence it was already very dark, parking eye fotos of my vehicle reg clearly shows this, their sinage is poor and the entry location is not one where you would stop to start reading all the small print ie holding up other road ussers who want to enter the car park..not exactly pratical ,vehicle lighting is weak..a common fault on vw headlights, and their sinage sure wasnt clearly lite.

I have no other excuse for not making defensive actions apart from fact that im suferring current personal marital problems that are causing me a lot of anxiety and depression, so something like this was even more easier to ignore :P, Their threat of blackening my credit does not bother me as I never buy on credit, so wouldn't affect me, and as for bailiffs ,they will have a hard time if they did try to come to me, but never the less I don't want to go through all this.

judgment for claim (in default) was issused 05-may-2015 from county court business centre? (sounds like somewhere where the job centre sends people) st katherines house, Northampton, (I will be making a phone call after this post to confirm if its genuine courts)

if not too late , please can you advice what actions if any I should take?..thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: judgment for claim (in default) for over staying a 2 hour free carpark (parking e

Unless you qualify for fee remission then it's not worth chancing £155 for £185.

M1

Comment

Re: judgment for claim (in default) for over staying a 2 hour free carpark (parking e

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
      Unless you qualify for fee remission then it's not worth chancing £155 for £185.

M1
      thanks for swift reply, sorry I should have mentioned as i have read that somewhere also, but I am currently unemployed due to illness aforementioned

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/library/how...-judgment-ccj/

Your main defence would be that as the signs were poorly lit the average perosn would not be bound to see them and as such there could be no contract.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          http://legalbeagles.info/library/how...-judgment-ccj/

Your main defence would be that as the signs were poorly lit the average perosn would not be bound to see them and as such there could be no contract.

M1
          ok thanks so that would be the EX160A form to fill in, I also have another concerning issue, regarding the judgement for claimant default letter, the address of so said court is not a court house, the post code is NN1 2LH, a browse on google maps clearly shows a building with NO signs of court house, whereas on the govt.uk web site the Northampton courts are located elsewhere with post code NN1 3HQ https://courttribunalfinder.service....d-family-court am I seeing this correctly? my letters should have come from here should have they not?

Comment

St. Katharine's House 21-27 St. Katharine's Street Northampton Northamptonshire NN1 2LH

It's the county court business centre, that is where most default judgments come from as they are submitted in bulk online. It should have that address on your judgment order?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              St. Katharine's House 21-27 St. Katharine's Street Northampton Northamptonshire NN1 2LH

It's the county court business centre, that is where most default judgments come from as they are submitted in bulk online. It should have that address on your judgment order?
              ok thanks for clearing that one , so basically with the EX160A im making an appeal against the final decision? and to ask them to relocate the hearing to my local courts? where I attend with my defense etc

Comment

Well with the N244 applying to set aside the Judgement, the EX160a is for the fee remission.

So N244 set aside application, with witness statement, draft order and defence.

EX160 for fee remission ( so you don't have to pay the court fee of £155)

That will result in a hearing to decide whether you can go ahead with defending the case - the case will be transferred to your local court before the hearing date is set.

Then you enter your defence, and then there will be the hearing to consider your defence and their case probably about a month later (again at your local court)
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Well with the N244 applying to set aside the Judgement, the EX160a is for the fee remission.

So N244 set aside application, with witness statement, draft order and defence.

EX160 for fee remission ( so you don't have to pay the court fee of £155)

That will result in a hearing to decide whether you can go ahead with defending the case - the case will be transferred to your local court before the hearing date is set.

Then you enter your defence, and then there will be the hearing to consider your defence and their case probably about a month later (again at your local court)
                  ok cheers much appreciated, before printing out I will visit my local county court and hopefully pick up the forms there and also no doubt pick up some advice as I know some of the people who work there :P

Comment

Be aware that some people who work in courts are as thick as 2 short planks and merely shuffle paper without knowing much about anything and have no legal qualification or interest.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by nomeansno View Post
                      ok cheers much appreciated, before printing out I will visit my local county court and hopefully pick up the forms there and also no doubt pick up some advice as I know some of the people who work there :P
                      So cynical!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemLS View Post
                        So cynical!
                        lol, well I visted and got informed with two options
                        A/ if I gonna pay I need contact parkingeye direct and work it out with them
                        or
                        B/ I can take the chance to see if they send bailiffs or not, if they are sent, parkingeye would have to pay the bailiffs £110. which then gets added to my errr invoice of £180, but now ive been informed over at fightback forums that parkingeye do not use bailiffs? can anyone confirm this plz?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X