• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

broke off clamp and got arrested for 3 charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke off clamp and got arrested for 3 charges

hi there i got up tuesday morning to banging at my front door at 6:30am by the time i actually got to the door the bailiff was gone found a letter in door saying removal warning i owed £512 to croydon council from confero collections ltd
    second page was taking control of goods on highway
    the car is mine but is in my friends name we both live at same address we are both insured to drive it so i broke the clamp off and went to work with the clamp in my boot.

2 hours later the police and the bailiff turn up and arrest me for:

intentionally interfere with controlled goods without lawful excuse
    (took clamp off and drove to work)

Criminal damage to property valued under £5000
    (broke Padlock)

Theft of motor vehicle
    (i stole my own car)

my car is now in a pound and is currently £682 to get out

recived notice of sale on friday price is now £892 witch the sale will take place on 14/5/2015, address ebay.co.uk
    to avoid sale of goods taken into control being sold the sum outstanding must be paid by 13/5/2015

haven't received any correspondences prior to this
    police said it was a parking ticket none of the documentation i have says what it is

i am now on bail and have court on the 19/5/2015
    Tags: None

Re: broke off clamp and got arrested for 3 charges

got this from bailiff company on monday
    Dear Mr Gunter

We are aware that an out of time witness statement has been filed and the case has now been placed on hold. However, the vehicle will be held in secure storage until the Court has determined the outcome of you late application. In addition, to date you have failed to provide documentary evidence that you are the owner of the vehicle. All the checks we have carried out indicate that Mrs Keeley is the registered keeper of the vehicle and that they has been no change of keeper for some time.

Yours sincerely

David Rowland
    Operations Director
    Confero Collections Ltd
    0208 661 4477

i also contacted the company i bought my car from and they sent me recite

sent to bailif and got this reply
    Dear Mr Gunter

This receipt is neither signed or dated and therefore cannot be considered as evidence. If you can send me the full insurance proposal and certificate we will re-investigate the matter. However, at the moment the vehicle will remain in secure storage.

Yours sincerely

David Rowland
    Operations Director
    Confero Collections Ltd
    0208 661 4477
    should have looked at it first lol

i bought the car on 11 oct 2011 i cant find my recite but i can get it on my bank statement

the insurance on the car is in mrs keeley as main driver me as named driver but i pay for it from my bank
    @mystery1
    Last edited by xbrmxjamie; 13th May 2015, 22:19:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X