• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help! I have recieved a court claim for from Lowell & Brian Carter Solictors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! I have recieved a court claim for from Lowell & Brian Carter Solictors

It is relating to a tmobile bill that I defaulted on in 2010. T-Mobile have not contacted me since 2010. At the end of 2014 T mobile gave me another contract. In early 2015- Started to receive letters stating that Lowell had taken over the debit of £715. I did not respond to the letters. Then on the 01/05/15 I received a court claim from County Court Business Centre stating Lowell are not claiming £900 from me. Can any one help me in going through the process of defending against the claim?

Re: Please help! I have recieved a court claim for from Lowell & Brian Carter Solicto

HTML Code:
    Court Business Centre stating Lowell are not claiming £900 from me
    Do you mean they are now claiming £900? Sorry, I am not being picky but just want to be sure.
    Ok, I know this is easier said than done but try not to panic. There will be someone along soon with the right info. In the meantime try to get as much info together as you can so you are ready to scan in documents etc. as needed. The main thing to remember is you are not alone and you will get through this. xx

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Please help! I have recieved a court claim for from Lowell & Brian Carter Solicto

Thank you for your response.
      Sorry, Yes, on the claim form Lowell have stated that they are now seeking to claim £900 in total. I'm really sorry but can you please advise on what information I should be getting together?

Comment

Thanks very much for the support!

Comment

Just cobble together any old contracts, correspondence you have along with the recent claim. I am sure that someone will take a look as soon as possible.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
          ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NWB View Post
              It is relating to a tmobile bill that I defaulted on in 2010. T-Mobile have not contacted me since 2010. At the end of 2014 T mobile gave me another contract. In early 2015- Started to receive letters stating that Lowell had taken over the debit of £715. I did not respond to the letters. Then on the 01/05/15 I received a court claim from County Court Business Centre stating Lowell are not claiming £900 from me. Can any one help me in going through the process of defending against the claim?
              See below the usual steps to take upon receiving a claim. I have taken out step 2 because yours is a mobile contract and the CCA request doesn't apply.

To start with, you need to acknowledge a.s.a.p. The whole process is explained here in detail: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...313#post499313

So, first steps (within 14 days of receiving the claim)

1: ACKNOWLEDGE THE CLAIM - you can do this online usually at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
              You'll need your claim reference and password from the front of the claim form - this will extend the time you have to respond to the claim to 28 days from when you received it

3: Send a CPR request to the CLAIMANT'S SOLICITORS ( see here )

This applies to everything unless they happen to have supplied you with a bunch of paperwork to back up their claim (v. unlikely)
              Sadly if you defaulted in 2010 this wouldn't be statute barred yet, not for another year.

The £900 may include fees, is there any chance you could post up the particulars of claim? Scan or take a picture with a phone or digital camera and remove your personal details. hoto:

Comment

thank soo much...I will snap the images this evening as I am not at home. Thanks again

Comment

Good afterrnoon Flaming Parrott,
                  Sorry about the delay. I have attached the claim form. I'm trying to register at money claim but there is an error when I put in my address details. I will continue trying and if that fails contact them by phone on monday.
                  There is however an error on the date that Lowell say they 'purchased' the debit from T-mobile. They actually purchased it they day EE gave me my new contract, which was the 08/12/14, however they they state that on the claim form that it was purchased on the 08/11/14.

Thanks for all the help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi I am going through something very similar at the moment with Lowell and a old mobile contract that I used to have. I tried to acknowledge the claim online with the money claim site and it wasnt working for me either. I called them and they are aware that it keeps giving people errors and they advised me to post the acknowledgement of service of myself. Just thought it would save you time by posting it off instead of calling.

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll have the acknowledgement slip sent special on Monday. Re: Your issue with Lowell-I wish u all the best! If u don't mind my asking...how is it going?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                      X