• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to sue BOS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to sue BOS

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question, if one was to sue Bank of Scotland would this be served on their Edinburgh address? If so, what is the Court procedure on serving a claim in Scotland?

Is there anything special that needs to be done?

Thanks muchly, I just wanted to double check.

Tags: None

Re: How to sue BOS

If you are based in the England then you can still serve them in Scotland since your contract with them came under the jurisprudence of England and Wales legal system.

"Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thanks Leclerc

Could someone point me in the direction of old Bank of Scotland Terms and Conditions for anything in the period of 1994-2010. I've tried Waybackmachine but for some reason I can't find the Terms anywhere on the website.

Any help would be brilliant

Comment

Does anyone know how I can get hold of some old BOS Current Account T's and C's?

Comment

https://web.archive.org/web/20111111...unts/previous/

Or maybe

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https:...cotland.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
            If you are based in the England then you can still serve them in Scotland since your contract with them came under the jurisprudence of England and Wales legal system.

Ok the court have responded to say that the Claim can't be issued without an N510 Out of Jurisdiction form being completed, I have had a look at the form and I "think" its this one

In proceedings to which rule 6.32(1)(b)(i) or 6.33(2)(b)(i) applies, the statement is —“I state that the [High Court of England and Wales] [ County Court]has power under the [Civil Jurisdiction and Judgments Act 1982] [Judgments Regulation (asdefined in CPR rule 6.31(d))] to hear this claim, that the defendant is domiciled in [the UnitedKingdom] [a Member State] and that no proceedings are pending between the parties in thecourts of any other part of the United Kingdom or any other Member State.”

Is that correct?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X